• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Worst Pepper

Mildfruit said:
I guess I have an unpopular opinion on the matter, I absolutely can't eat a habanero. The smell and taste is really not for me. 
Not that unpopular. Habaneros are just worse Scotch Bonnets.

We have small green slender chilis that are available all over the markets, but they taste horrible. It's like a mouthful of seedy bitter grass. For whatever reason they're popular in this area though...

One of the worst I've had is the Aji Jobito.
It was hyped up to be a delicious Pepper with no heat and rightly so - no heat at all.
But the taste was so bitter and grassy that I couldn't believe it was actually a Pepper. Even though the plant is definitely a Capsicum.
I might have received a mislabelled plant since reviewers all seem to like it a lot and yet the taste was foul imo..
I didnt even try Hard to overwinter it but it still lives xD

Butch T Scorpion. The fresh pods taste like scalding hot perfume to me. It makes a good powder though. For whatever reason, Butch T powder doesn't really taste floral to me. Only the fresh pods do. 

BlackFatalii said:
Butch T Scorpion. The fresh pods taste like scalding hot perfume to me. It makes a good powder though. For whatever reason, Butch T powder doesn't really taste floral to me. Only the fresh pods do. 
Totally agree.  IMO only good for powder and strangely tasty. 

Ruid said:
I love fresh Butch T's. You feel that way about all the colors of them or just the reds?

I have only tried the red Butch T so far. I do have a yellow Butch T plant started this season. I am hoping it will have the typical yellow chinense fruitiness and not be extremely floral like the red. Peppers with a strong, perfume-like flavor really aren't my cup of tea.

Back