• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help with Serrano and Jalapeño

I have been trying to grow these two pepper plants since late December 2018 and they started off maybe half the size. After a little i topped both of them which, I believe, stunted there growth for some time. Then they finally started to pickup with new growth. Both are actually 3 plants grown together. Since then i have done much more research on how to grow plants whether alone or in pairs. Back to the main point, i didn't know what was happening since they started getting yellow leaves so i gave them a full spray with epsom salt diluted in water, i maybe did a tables spoon with 12 oz of water. I then believe that they developed mildew on top and bottoms of leaves as they were speckled with white dots. I since used a solution of baking soda, dish soap, and water and drenched the plants for about 2 days. They white dots seem to be gone but the old growth is yellowing and i don't know what else to do. Any and all help will be appreciated please! I am a complete and udder newbie and dont know much if anything at all in regards to peppers.

Attachments

• 18C0AD48-FA61-4879-A552-FDD8DB084428.jpeg
    18C0AD48-FA61-4879-A552-FDD8DB084428.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 3306BAC3-FEA1-4D9D-B071-C4BF9952EFFC.jpeg
    3306BAC3-FEA1-4D9D-B071-C4BF9952EFFC.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 79
The new growth looks great so I wouldn't worry but What kind of soil is that?

cgiovannij said:
Okay thank you very much :)

Is it normal from time to time to have leaves that just yellow and die off?
judging by the pics, those leaves look like some of the earliest to form so yea, leaves die off all the time on pepper plants (and most plants for that matter). If there were no leaf die off dropping to the soil in wild species then they would all die from lack of composted nutrients.. it's the circle of life.

Back