• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bird eyes Chillies

Hi,

anyone here that produce bird eyes and habanero please?

like this on photo?

How many times do you give water?

Attachments

• IMG_1608.jpg
    IMG_1608.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 77
tiago said:
I Sell them to supermarket and this is the name that they use... in netherlands...

Those look like Thai peppers - very similar to the ones sold in Finland under the name of "Rawit", except Rawits are only 3-4 cm long.

Like willard has said....those are not Birds eye or Habanero.....they do look like cayenne or some type of thai.

tiago said:
I Sell them to supermarket and this is the name that they use... in netherlands...

And there sir, is the major problem with chile taxonomy, people make up names for chiles with no reference to readily available information.

willard3 said:
That's neither a bird's eye nor an habanero chile.
Sizzle Lips said:
Like willard has said....those are not Birds eye or Habanero.....they do look like cayenne or some type of thai.
willard3 said:
And there sir, is the major problem with chile taxonomy, people make up names for chiles with no reference to readily available information.

@ tiago....Here in North America we "classify" Bird's Eye peppers as noted at this website.> CAYENNEDIANE/CHILTEPIN (TEPIN, BIRD’S EYE, BIRD PEPPER)   You'll note in the description it reports, "The Chiltepin is native to southern North America and northern South America. Common names include Tepin, chiltepe, and chile tepin, as well as turkey, bird’s eye, or simply bird peppers, due to their consumption and spread by wild birds.", so that's where the confusion comes from.

After looking at your links and noting the phenotype of your picture they are the same. I also noted the name of the pepper in those links (Bird Eye Chillies, note spelling!) and ran it through GOOGLE Images and this popped up.> Rawit Thai Bird's Eye Red Hot Chili Pepper

So basically everybody is right if we look at how many people list the different taxonomy for this pepper.

Let's get to your question, "How many times do you give water?"... If we're talking about young plants the general consensus is to allow the growing media to dry out quite a bit before watering. The reason is we constantly deal with growers complaining of growth issues, especially leaf yellowing/dying and edema, which is usually traced to over watering.

Hope this helps!
NECM

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

@ tiago....Here in North America we "classify" Bird's Eye peppers as noted at this website.> CAYENNEDIANE/CHILTEPIN (TEPIN, BIRD’S EYE, BIRD PEPPER)   You'll note in the description it reports, "The Chiltepin is native to southern North America and northern South America. Common names include Tepin, chiltepe, and chile tepin, as well as turkey, bird’s eye, or simply bird peppers, due to their consumption and spread by wild birds.", so that's where the confusion comes from.

After looking at your links and noting the phenotype of your picture they are the same. I also noted the name of the pepper in those links (Bird Eye Chillies, note spelling!) and ran it through GOOGLE Images and this popped up.> Rawit Thai Bird's Eye Red Hot Chili Pepper

So basically everybody is right if we look at how many people list the different taxonomy for this pepper.

Let's get to your question, "How many times do you give water?"... If we're talking about young plants the general consensus is to allow the growing media to dry out quite a bit before watering. The reason is we constantly deal with growers complaining of growth issues, especially leaf yellowing/dying and edema, which is usually traced to over watering.

Hope this helps!
NECM
"Let's get to your question, "How many times do you give water?"... If we're talking about young plants the general consensus is to allow the growing media to dry out quite a bit before watering. The reason is we constantly deal with growers complaining of growth issues, especially leaf yellowing/dying and edema, which is usually traced to over watering."

My exprience say exactly this. Young not to much water. After they need more water. In case of habaneros i think they dont like to much water all the time.

Back