• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2019 Bringin' it back GLOG YAMracer754

So it's that time again. Stupid landlord and other haters wondering what am I doing now!? Well.. They don't know me. "Figured after last year you'd be done with all that pepper growing crap since you wasted so much time, energy, and money. That was just silly.."

Listen Mr. Creepy Landlord. I got news for you - I'm gonna go harder, faster, and better than last year and you can threaten me with not being able to use the water source - make me build a "rainwater collection system" (and that's not a lot of work[and mosquitoes] for $10 extra p/month on the well?). But I will push on...

So here we go. Late start. Zone 6b. Middle Tennessee. Rockwool first timer. Learned a hell of a lot last year. Had (in my opinion) an extremely successful and very productive yield last season - especially considering first time New plot in red clay soil!! Lots of amendments were necessary btw.

With a lot of love and help from all of you guys and gals on this forum-I have a heap of seeds from the two trains - 200+ diff phenos If I might have to guess. So I narrowed it down to 92 of the most interesting and promising (IMO) phenos to grow and vac sealed the rest with o2 absorbers. Save for 3 phenos (aleppo, and two big sweet juicy Turkish strains), there is only one plant that will be grown out of each strain. Should make for interesting nutritional requirements/variations, as well as heights and varying pest resistance but thats what makes this fun, no? VARIETY! I will get a list rigged to list all what I am growing but this should be fun! Loving the rockwool - apprehensive at first because I had never used it but it seems very effective and forgiving! That's all for now here's a few pics and a [emoji867] to the landlord :)

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
2c883c6bba9d55e4a0dce6115ed99921.jpg
bb6baabca2ae33546c16fa9f4d9beb9d.jpg
f2381c59700ada8babade9f718cd67c9.jpg

Hey, Tristen, welcome to the 2019 glogosphere!

Good luck with the rockwool. My first season using
them, as well.

Hope the upcoming season is a scorcher for you!

PtMD989 said:
Welcome back,eh [emoji16][emoji106]. Was wondering when you were going glog it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeaaaaaa buddy! Excited again-what a depressing winter. Ugh. Especially You think it'll be nice to take a break from growing over the winter and realize you're bored and drink more beer. Enjoying being back in the swing, and back with all you guys! PaulG might like this I'm growing orig orange pheno pdn and red pheno bmj! Excited to see their phenos!

Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing your grow.

I'm trying to get it rolling again this year after no glog in 2017 and half-assing it last year.

Speaking of rockwool cubes, I haven't used them for starting peppers, but I rooted some hops in some a few years ago. They worked great for that. I used a 1/4 or maybe 1/8 strength water soluble fertilizer solution for watering.

Sizzle Lips said:
Off to a great start....good luck on your grow.
More like late start! Gonna have to do some MOJO majik to get these boys n girls growing doubletime. That's the plan now at least! Pics tomorrow and I'll start to list some of the peppers! Thanks for chiming in and viewing!

PtMD989 said:
Hey YAMracer754, check out DWB glog for soil building. Maybe you could use his system to upgrade your soil,eh. [emoji16]

Hahaha yeah the walmart bags [emoji23]. One time trial-works like about everything else they sell-weak and finite lifespan lol. Hmm is that his username, DWB? Always interested to put on some knowledge!!

Couple pics from yesterday before I added even more goodies today. 20lb coco precharged, rinsed, nuted up! I'll add more pics tomorrow looks lots nicer now :)
f36319f3f2e321b952a3dd89df7adf6d.jpg

Don't hate - them walkways/cardboard paths aren't set in place yet just mockup and before burying em in some kind of mulch, chips, etc. Looks kinda ghetto til I get them shifted and sectioned where I want em, as. Well as covered. I got more cardboard too :) love free parts boxes!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190410/eba4a0e83bea76dee247db33c093a95b.jpg

But I did give the garden the kelp meal, worm casting, compost, manure, coco coir, gypsum pellet, alfalfa, hay(s), composted pine bark, and humus rejuvenation from last years grow that it needed.! Reusing my coco in my 25 bags. Last year was first time in red poor clay so had to till and mix goodies (last year that is-my first garden as well) but this year is first year no till in same plot and wow is it loaded with mycos, hyphae, TON OF WORMS, and all kinds of natural funk. Fingers crossed-should be interesting...

YAMracer754 said:
Hahaha yeah the walmart bags [emoji23]. One time trial-works like about everything else they sell-weak and finite lifespan lol. Hmm is that his username, DWB? Always interested to put on some knowledge!!

Yes, DWB is his username, 2019 Hay Bale Pepper patch is his glog name, I think, or something close to it.

Well... Sorry for the delay I've been absent dealing with some tough stuff with landlord property owner/creep. Plants are moving along very well in the rockwool and most are ready for new homes-not sure if I should go from this stage to the ground/full size containers as they could build a better root system after an intermediate transplant in coco/casting/etc mix. So that's what I will do I assume. For such a late start on germing the seeds they're kicking ass, taking names lol. Seeds were placed in cubes on 4/7 and 4/9 (no fancy tricks, paper towels, etc., straight into the cubes). All but 8 total have germed so far out of ~80 or so? But the first batch was a learning curve on moisture levels and second batch germed much more speedily and consistent.

I'll letya know-just been going thru a lot with my landlord/property owning threatening to throw me out over my garden and water consumption and caused over a week of panic/grief/anger/and lack of control.. Guy is a f*cking nazi sex weirdo guy which makes it even more troubling. Got things worked out(hopefully) just gotta see how good I am at rainwater collection, and how many of these 275 gal tanks I'll need and setup a Drip system [even more $$, especially considering it costs $20 a month to pump 1000s of gallons from our perfectly functioning well and well pump :'( ]

So yeah, my garden, and even growing anything period was in jeapordy (along with having a place to live) this past week and a half. Creep 69 year old landlord has this irrational and unfounded fear his well will run dry. I tried to explain the theory of a groundwater table and how that feeds wells not to mention we live on a mountain with tons of reservoirs and just experienced the wettest winter in years (TN), but he wasn't hearing it or just don't get it.. No more plants on the porch either - threatened to 'ask me to leave if I don't wanna follow his rules', didn't matter I have saucers under the plants and they actually PROTECT the porch vs just getting the wood porch completely soaked when it rains. I don't understand his twisted logic. So that's all for now.. Gotta keep up the fight. I need this hobby/calling/lifestyle! :(

On the plus side I'm recovering and reusing all the pricey media I made last year with steam sterilization technique, will see how it works!
c7dc9d890ea89049975e414afbf259da.jpg
d9a603372d74516cdc21f1723701bcd9.jpg
d89361ed9bb1de6c2588d07370a7ad1e.jpg
4586cfa43598d42a3b680eeb667c73d5.jpg
9e38202d10312eab03d151630cc4cf84.jpg

Back