#61 DWB

DWB

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • aka:DW

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:20 AM

Batman's big sis and best buddy, Becky. She's 15 now and still climbing trees for fun and adventure.

h5od0DY.jpg

#62 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,922 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:38 AM

Plants are looking nice and healthy, Brandon. sorry to

hear about the damping off issues. That's one plus  for

the RockWool cubes, no damping off. When I ran out

of my FF soil this spring, I mixed some Turf King (Fred

Meyer) and Black Gold. Seems to work pretty well.

Good luck keeping your menagerie under control. Do

you just let the snake 'run' around outside?

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#63 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,428 posts
  • aka:Scott

Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:46 PM

Nice work Brandon!

Love your place, I think you're gonna kill it this season ;)

I still need to remember to get hose bee pics...maybe I should write that down..LOL

It's all about the pods....

#64 Orekoc

Orekoc

Hot

• Extreme
  • 792 posts
  • aka:Call me Pugs or Pugsley

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:05 PM

Yeah, getting old you'll find you need to write things down.  Then you'll forget the list.  When you find the list, you'll wonder why you wrote down "take bee photos".  Getting old isn't for the weak.

Nice work Brandon!

I still need to remember to get hose bee pics...maybe I should write that down..LOL

Edited by Orekoc, 18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM.

“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad.” - Salvador Dali

Ah, I don't use PayPal, so if I forget to say it in a PM, I said it here, so I didn't really forget, to say it.

#65 lespaulde

lespaulde

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:35 AM

Beautiful pics and progress BigCedar! It's a pleasure how well your season is progressing and once those temps take your plants out of bootcamp and into production, I'm sure you'll be swimming in pods before you know it! :)

Too bad about those damping issues, but don't let it spoil your fun! I like your approach of live and learn... ;) Shocking how much the soil has an impact at this stage already

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Edited by lespaulde, 20 May 2019 - 09:37 AM.

#66 chileaddict

chileaddict

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:11 PM

Hey Brandon.  I thought I would check in on THP and I am so happy to see that you are back!  Wow, you really know how to go big. Good luck on the farm this year. Where out in the country did you move to? Great photos as usual. 

#67 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,428 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, getting old you'll find you need to write things down.  Then you'll forget the list.  When you find the list, you'll wonder why you wrote down "take bee photos".  Getting old isn't for the weak.

The key I have found is to not just write a short note. Descriptive paragraphs are where things are at :shh:

#68 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,341 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:33 PM

Funny you named your snake fluffy...I have a good friend that had a Burmese Python of around 12ish feet named fluffy. Fluffy unexpectedly latched on to his head one day, he has pretty cool scars now. I have a small Rosy Boa much more manageable. Plants and property look fantastic!  

www.imarunnut.blogspot.com/

#69 Orekoc

Orekoc

Hot

• Extreme
  • 792 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:42 PM

I have corn snakes that I'm looking to rehome.  I'm just not taking proper care of them, plus OCD.  I have too many as well. :eek: :(

So many issues that were never diagnosed as a kid.  Mostly cause I'm so old, no one knew about them, back when god was in short pants. :violin:

Ah, I don't use PayPal, so if I forget to say it in a PM, I said it here, so I didn't really forget, to say it.

#70 DownRiver

DownRiver

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • aka:DR

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:45 PM

...Fluffy unexpectedly latched on to his head one day, he has pretty cool scars now....

WTH?!?

You guys and your snakes a nuckin futs. :crazy: lol

Edited by DownRiver, 20 May 2019 - 09:28 PM.

Life is like a plate of superhots: What you do today will most likely burn your ass tomorrow.

#71 DWB

DWB

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 11:09 PM

WTH?!?

Hey DR, snakes are fundamentally good and peaceful animals. They all deserve our respect.

vbrqK8i.jpg

Some command more respect than others but they're all sweet in their own special way.

8bc8fFG.jpg

#72 Devv

Devv

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,428 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:16 PM

Hey DR, snakes are fundamentally good and peaceful animals. They all deserve our respect.

vbrqK8i.jpg

Some command more respect than others but they're all sweet in their own special way.

8bc8fFG.jpg

We have many around here, and last year an angry green rat snake bit my foot! It came after me. I did scare it first, when I went to add scraps to the compost bin. I looked at it to make sure it wasn't poisonous, it was hiding on the far side, and came flying around the corner...wham. I saved 2 the year before that got tangled in the bird netting that was on the ground. Snakes are vermin control, the rattle snakes scare me because I don't want he dogs to get hit.

Here's one of the rat snakes. It was not a happy camper when I found it..

300.jpg

And that's not weed in the background. Just a crazy LO Thai plant...LOL

Edited by Devv, 28 May 2019 - 07:17 PM.

#73 Orekoc

Orekoc

Hot

• Extreme
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:26 PM

Nice snake!

#74 DWB

DWB

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:33 PM

Devv, that's one heavy-duty rat snake.

#75 stc3248

stc3248

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,341 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:26 AM

Devv, that's one heavy-duty rat snake.

Those South Texas rat snakes are pretty aggro...I had one draw pretty good blood on me when I tried to pull him away from a cardinal nest. I always catch and release...even copper heads, cotton mouths and rattlesnakes I just drop them off a little farther from home.

www.imarunnut.blogspot.com/

#76 MGOLD86

MGOLD86

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:45 PM

Howdy.

Stop asking and just eat it!

#77 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,922 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:53 PM

Howdy.

Wow. MGold! Good to see your name on the forum, brother!

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#78 BigCedar

BigCedar

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • aka:Brandon

Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:59 AM

Sorry for the 3 weeks of delay you guys I suck!! I try to visit some glogs other than mine when I get a THP moment. I hate always saying I've been busy but I... have been... too busy...   :mope: I have a staycation/daytripcation coming up here in a week and a half that I'm pretty freaking excited about, need a break! I'm hoping to get some serious gloggin hours in on a few of those days  :party:

Batman's big sis and best buddy, Becky. She's 15 now and still climbing trees for fun and adventure.

Your cats are awesome DW! I feel like age is just a number with some cats, my mom has taken in alot of strays throughout the years, has even been dubbed the crazy cat lady lol.. Anyway, Rosy (who ended up being a boy) lived for 26 years. Didn't act "old" til 24ish. Pretty nuts.

Plants are looking nice and healthy, Brandon. sorry to

hear about the damping off issues. That's one plus  for

the RockWool cubes, no damping off. When I ran out

of my FF soil this spring, I mixed some Turf King (Fred

Meyer) and Black Gold. Seems to work pretty well.

Good luck keeping your menagerie under control. Do

you just let the snake 'run' around outside?

Thank you Paul. Thanks for the dirt tips, I've used black gold before, I like it alot. It's a good brand you can find damn near anywhere. Fluffy comes out occasionally under supervision, probably giving her snake brain too much credit here but I think she likes feeling like a wild snake outdoors lol.. Ball pythons are pretty slow so it would be hard for her to slither off but they are very good at hiding under or in things so supervision is a must.

Nice work Brandon!

Thanks alot Scott! I'm hoping! Need mother nature to cooperate a little bit more than she has and I'll be happy. Summer doesn't really start until July around here (temp wise) and the plants (atleast the supers) don't exactly grow much until then. You've probably got your bee pics up by now I need to head over to your glog it's been way too long. Speaking of bees I actually caught a swarm of bees 2 days ago for the first time! It was quite the experience!

Man... I'm 31 here and I have all the typical "old" people problems, I wonder all the time how bad it's gonna be when I'm 50+ cause I feel like it's pretty damn bad already. Ha! just like all you guys have said... I have a clipboard with a notepad on it at work that I write on a good 20-50 times a day.. Then I lose the clipboard and forget where I set it down... I'll find it eventually in some weird stupid spot I don't remember even being and wonder why I wrote down half the shit on the list and what it was supposed to mean at the time I wrote it.. Descriptive paragraphs... Need to start doing that!

Beautiful pics and progress BigCedar! It's a pleasure how well your season is progressing and once those temps take your plants out of bootcamp and into production, I'm sure you'll be swimming in pods before you know it! :)

Too bad about those damping issues, but don't let it spoil your fun! I like your approach of live and learn... ;) Shocking how much the soil has an impact at this stage already

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Thank you Erv! Seeing your post here is making me realize I need to head over to your place it's been too long! We have a couple 80, even a 90 degree day mon-wed this week outside I feel like PNW bootcamp is still in session most days around here, I can't believe none of my plants have been wind-topped! 

Hey Brandon.  I thought I would check in on THP and I am so happy to see that you are back!  Wow, you really know how to go big. Good luck on the farm this year. Where out in the country did you move to? Great photos as usual. 

Hey Richard!! Long time no chat! How the hell are ya man? Ah don't answer that well get some PMing going and catch up! I checked your profile after I got back on here to see when you logged on last saw it had been a while and thought that you might be MIA, glad to see you still around! Thanks for the compliments :) We are now on the other side of the Narrows Bridge out in Lakebay, our house is pretty dead center on the Key Peninsula. We love it, it's a drive to go just about anywhere but it's not country if a supermarkets down the road right? I couldn't go back to neighborhood living after being out here. I still have moments where it's kinda hard to believe that it's our house/land, pretty surreal. Great to hear from you buddy, I'll send you a PM!

Funny you named your snake fluffy...I have a good friend that had a Burmese Python of around 12ish feet named fluffy. Fluffy unexpectedly latched on to his head one day, he has pretty cool scars now. I have a small Rosy Boa much more manageable. Plants and property look fantastic!  

Shane! Thanks for stopping by man! Rosy Boas are beautiful... Pics? How big are they full size? Man I like snakes but speaking of that Burmese... Nah. I'm good. I wouldn't own a snake that could eat my dog, or me for that matter lol. Thanks for the compliments buddy, trying to catch up to you but I know that's not gonna happen! lol.

I have corn snakes that I'm looking to rehome.  I'm just not taking proper care of them, plus OCD.  I have too many as well. :eek: :(

So many issues that were never diagnosed as a kid.  Mostly cause I'm so old, no one knew about them, back when god was in short pants. :violin:

We had a corn snake a long time ago, she got very large and was very fast and aggressive, got to the point where opening her cage hungry or not she was ready to strike at all times. She found a new home. I much prefer the super lazy slow Balls over Corns! 

WTH?!?

:rofl:

DW! That is insanity!!! Did you catch that Rattler by yourself? Either way, I'm throwing some big time respect your way! That's nuts! Not many people would hold either of those. What kind was the first one? Man you got some serious snakes around your place that's really cool. If we see a little Gardener snake around here it's a big deal. I can't imagine seeing one of those hanging around!

We have many around here, and last year an angry green rat snake bit my foot! It came after me. I did scare it first, when I went to add scraps to the compost bin. I looked at it to make sure it wasn't poisonous, it was hiding on the far side, and came flying around the corner...wham. I saved 2 the year before that got tangled in the bird netting that was on the ground. Snakes are vermin control, the rattle snakes scare me because I don't want he dogs to get hit.

Here's one of the rat snakes. It was not a happy camper when I found it..

And that's not weed in the background. Just a crazy LO Thai plant...LOL

Damn you guys! You both have some serious balls! I love snakes and all but I can honestly say if any of the snakes you've posted were in my vicinity I would not be trying to pick them up! That rat snake is a freaking monster!!!

Those South Texas rat snakes are pretty aggro...I had one draw pretty good blood on me when I tried to pull him away from a cardinal nest. I always catch and release...even copper heads, cotton mouths and rattlesnakes I just drop them off a little farther from home.

That's cool of Shane, I'd do the same.. Unless I lived in Florida, those Burmese are tearing that place up! You guys see the latest 18? footer one of those snake hunters got? Pretty insane!

Howdy.

Once again Matt, great to hear from you!!

Alright you guys I'm gonna try my ass off today to get a update out there, my Daughter turned 9 yesterday, I took an extra day off work to recover from that LOL.  

Sorry for the super late responses everyone, once again I suck! I hope all is well and green with everyone!!

#79 BigCedar

BigCedar

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:33 PM

Sorry it's been awhile I need to seriously upgrade my glogging game on all accounts! 

Not much has changed with the outdoor CCN plants. They're starting to branch out, a few are setting early pods but the way our weathers been definitely put the brakes on growth rate. The Cayenne doesn't seem to mind our spring weather but man the c chinese supers have not enjoyed their stay outdoors for the most part. I decided that after years of growing that I've been doing it all wrong. I always feel like it's this big race to get the outside. Why this big rush to get them out when the temps are sub par? I mean the growth rate in the growroom is visible daily. The outdoor CCNs you almost have to look weekly to notice and real difference at this time of year around here. Gonna do things differently from here on out. I'd really like to get a hoop house going like CD or a small greenhouse like Paul's so the transition at this time of year isn't so dramatic. Okay rants over!

Here's a group shot of the CCNs and the Cayenne. You can see the windy days have taken their share of fan leaves off a good chunk of the supers

xID6aTW.jpg?1

Captain Cay is throwing out some pods pretty excited to see pods for the first time in 3 years!

J9bqzXB.jpg

Chocolate Ghost starting to set, I know it's too early to tell but I am rather suspicious of the pod shape...

qOceJ00.jpg

Can't seem to post everything at once again so I'm gonna try to break it up....

#80 BigCedar

BigCedar

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:45 PM

I think the best news of the update is my late start seeds I threw in that I was planning on being some nice big OWs that wouldn't produce pods this year are catching up to the outdoor CCNs in a quick hurry! I'm 99.9999% sure as long as I don't have any disasters that I can get these 40 gallons to full maturity this season pods and all. I'm not taking them outside until mother nature can match my 86 degree and sunny growroom either! You can see the back and left side are the 40 gallons and in front of them are 45 super late starts that I started a couple weeks back in 3.5 pots... Now I'm wondering if I can get them to full maturity..... Ok now I'm just talking non sense!

P4koFhu.jpg

Love me a canopy shot!

4Epg63j.jpg

So here is my version of Shanes "Twilight Zone" plant.... I don't have a cool name for it yet though, any ideas?  :think:

It's supposed to be a Brazilian Moruga Brown, I posted a picture of it in the last update because the early branching was quite abnormal to me, well it's grown up a bit since and now I'm convinced there is something really off about this plant. Maybe I'm an idiot and they're supposed to look like this but I have never seen a superhot personally or on the internet that looks like this so I have a hard time thinking that's the case but please, correct me if I'm wrong! 

GhYriys.jpg

KKNnEZI.jpg

I mean seriously... Totally weird freaking plant right?

It has a younger brother/sister as well that is also just as strange...

5XaOhfW.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PNW, Organic, Superhots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests