New pepper grower in Wisconsin!

Hello all, 

I've always been a fan of hot sauce, and have a whole cabinet dedicated to different varieties. I decided a few months back that making my own hot sauce would be cool, and after finding ChilliChump on youtube thought growing my own peppers for the sauce would be cool. So like any sane person I spent a week researching, ordered seeds, and planted 72 seeds of 15 different varieties after never growing a plant in my life.   :party: It's actually gone well so far, I had 65 germinate, and lost 10 to my own faults, but got a handle on things and all are looking pretty good now. I ended up planting 6 more in rockwool with the thought of running a couple hydroponically, and my brother just gave me two ghosts from a batch that he started after I started and he got interested as well, and I gave him 5 of the ones I'd grown up until now, so I have 59 plants growing in my closet right now... really starting to run out of space under my light so trying to find people to take some so I don't have to go through the difficult decision of culling them. 

Looking forward to learning here and eventually contributing, I've gotten a lot of great info already while lurking!

plants 4-22.jpg
Here's a picture of my current set up... I have one plant that was sold as "tapas" but now they don't show up on the site I bought my seeds from (fatalii.net). Those ones are taking off, along with both of my jalapeno varieties. 

Hey!

Are you running LEDs or flourescents?

BTW:

"C. annuum 'Tapas' Very mild, practically non-pungent variety which suits Tapas snacks very well, as you might have guessed. Use for any kind of stuffing! A great substitute for bell peppers as these are much easier and faster to grow and also taste better."

podz said:
Hey!

Are you running LEDs or flourescents?

BTW:

"C. annuum 'Tapas' Very mild, practically non-pungent variety which suits Tapas snacks very well, as you might have guessed. Use for any kind of stuffing! A great substitute for bell peppers as these are much easier and faster to grow and also taste better."

Thanks for the info! I remember it being something along those lines but for some reason couldn't find information for it anywhere. 
I started running a small T5 fluorescent fixture when I had them in a starter tray and then ordered the LED lights in the photo when I decided to do some in hydroponics. So I'm growing under LED's right now. I brought some to work yesterday to give a few to a coworker and clear out some space and I was astounded how much greener they looked out in normal lighting instead of under the super bright LED. 
pauls plants.jpg

Back