New site format!

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Welcome to the NEW TheHotPepper.com.

We have upgraded our forum software to be able to add more features, etc. We are still tweaking some things, but wanted to get it opened up.

I suggest everyone clear their browser's cookies, and re-login. This will fix any login/out issues, and post read/unread issues.

I've adjusted the way posts are marked read. Eveyone should click the Mark Forums Read link at the bottom of the forum section to clear the new posts they've already read, and after that, the system will work for you.

Also, this is now a fiery foods AND BBQ community. Spread the word!

Thanks!

grrr...

Had to reset my password because the old one didn't work after the change...just a bug report for you guys.

Also, my sig was screwed up too. It had "/" after the quotes.

imaguitargod said:
Especially the banner at the top, very nicely done.

:: looks around ::

Wait, there's no emoticons......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

LOL, I'm sure the lack of emoticons is temporary, but I will mention it to HP.

T

I suppose I should look around BEFORE I speak... The emoticons are there... link, bottom left, below the quick reply box... the one marked "smilies"

ChefEx said:
This may take some getting used to. Ug no like change by evil gods. Looking forward to the BBQ threads too!
The old software was unstable and lacking in features. As forums grow, the quality of the software that runs them needs to grow as well. This is top-of-the-line. It just needs a little adjusting.

I like all of the new additions. I know lots of chileheads that will be very happy that you've added the Collectors post.
I do miss the spinning boxes that show new post. I'm color blind, (really) and the moving boxes really were a help.

Cap'n Bones
piratesmiley.gif

Thanks for taking us forward. Like all things, the forum needs to grow to. I just don't see why you couldn't have planted mint in the old software to keep the aphids away.

I think I'm blind to 'cause I still can't find my little smiley friends? :rolleyes:

ChefEx said:
I think I'm blind to 'cause I still can't find my little smiley friends? :rolleyes:
VERY bottom left of the page, in the box marked "Posting Rules", there is a little line saying "Smilies are ON". Click the underlines "Smiles" link and there you go.

If you click the thread or reply button instead of using quick reply, you get more features, like a smilie box in the menu.

imaguitargod said:
AH!!! I've got four hot sauce bottles by my name! Ah! Get them off of me!

:: runs around screaming ::
Now 3, hehe. I changed the scale. 4 = 500 posts.

Back