• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Black Reaper

I just heard about the Black Carolina Reaper but I can't find any info other than the chocolate bar that's made with it.

Is it really 9 million Scoville ?!

Yea, careful though.... When I expanded the search to "pepper" this page popped up.> deargogo_Pepper_Page

A
s you scroll trough the 1st page note "Peter Peppers" are listed as "Penis Red Chili", some green-purple-orange-red colored pods that are clustered like ROOSTER SPUR are listed as "Heirloom Colorful Pot Tabasco Hot Pepper" and bottom right has two seed envelopes with foreign caricatures.

As always, Caveat emptor

If you look at the picture in the 1st link there are Chinese or Japenese symbols above "BellFarm". The black peppers pictured could just be Black Bhutlahs or Chocolate Morugas. Anyway who is going to turn a profit on roughly $.25 for 10 seeds after they pay the postage? They might just be looking for Credit Card Numbers. So,  if you are really lucky maybe the tooth fairy will deliver them instead of Santa Claus!

mitchNC said:
I just heard about the Black Carolina Reaper but I can't find any info other than the chocolate bar that's made with it.

Is it really 9 million Scoville ?!

I don't see any reference to 9 million SHU's?

3SairbE.jpg

Back