• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Help with my swamp thingy

Got this seeds from Justin and till 2 weeks back it was doing great. I am not sure what happened, the leaves started to curl up and I also noticed leaf drop.

No aphids or any other pests. It has been outside in on/off sun and rain.

Please help me identify and fix the issue.
Note: All other plants are outside in similar weather conditions and are doing great except for this one plant.

WqXXRpT.jpg

VVC4Xqb.jpg

GfDyasm.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

i haven`t grown peppers very long so i`m not good at diagnosing problems but it seems really odd that all surrounding  plants are fine and only that one is affected. good luck curing what is ailing it. 

Broadmites is my guess.

You need a 10x magnifier to see em.

I just had the same symptoms on one of my wilds...it surely can't do any harm at this point to at least spray it and see how it does.

I'd remove it from next to others and kinda isolate it until if returns to good health.

Masher said:
Broadmites is my guess.

I just had the same symptoms on one of my wilds...it surely can't do any harm at this point to at least spray it and see how it does.

I'd remove it from next to others and kinda isolate it until if returns to good health.
Thanks Masher. What should I spray it with.

Masher said:
Broadmites is my guess.

40x+ magnifier for Broad Mites generally.

That doesn't quite look like broad mites to me, though I definitely think it's smart to inspect and confirm.  I would guess it's a roots issue and the plant can't deal with the  transpiration demands of full outside sun right now. Was it transplanted and/or hardened off recently?

I'd lean toward moving it into more of a dappled sunlight and slightly cooler area to see how it does with less stress.  I'd also look at its soil conditions.  Eventually, if things weren't improving I might lift it out carefully to check out the roots to see if they look normal and potentially replant it with a little mycorrhizae.

CaneDog said:
That doesn't quite look like broad mites to me, though I definitely think it's smart to inspect and confirm.  I would guess it's a roots issue and the plant can't deal with the  transpiration demands of full outside sun right now. Was it transplanted and/or hardened off recently?

I'd lean toward moving it into more of a dappled sunlight and slightly cooler area to see how it does with less stress.  I'd also look at its soil conditions.  Eventually, if things weren't improving I might lift it out carefully to check out the roots to see if they look normal and potentially replant it with a little mycorrhizae.
Ya, looking again and seeing how the leaves are effected the same throughout the entire plant, that it's probably not broadmites.

I'd still isolate and transplant if its necessary to try and keep it.

CaneDog said:

Thank you CD. I moved ir into shaded area. Lets see.

Sure looks like a pest issue but I will say, I grew 3 swamp thing plants last year and one did the exact same thing while the other two were totally normal. I ended up culling that plant

Edmick said:
Sure looks like a pest issue but I will say, I grew 3 swamp thing plants last year and one did the exact same thing while the other two were totally normal. I ended up culling that plant
Makes me sad. I moved it to a shaded area and gave it a good bath. Lets see if it will recover.

Back