• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 podz

podz

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

OK, time to kick off the Growing Cukes in HEL glog!

It will be about growing more than cukes, but one needs to choose something for a topic title.

No better way than to start with a photo.

Got the cukes and zucchini potted up into  and caged. Cages aren't visible in the picture, but they are there now.

IMG_1159.jpg

#2 podz

podz

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:37 AM

@TheHotPepper can you suffix the topic title with " - 2019" please?

#3 podz

podz

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:02 PM

Fuck the weeds. Salt Girl to the Rescue. She spread 25kg of salt on our backyard and then heavily sprayed it with the water hose.

sg.jpg

Edited by podz, 17 May 2019 - 05:25 AM.

#4 luvmesump3pp3rz

luvmesump3pp3rz

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,144 posts
  • aka:kevin

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:25 PM

OK, time to kick off the Growing Cukes in HEL glog!

It will be about growing more than cukes, but one needs to choose something for a topic title.

No better way than to start with a photo.

Got the cukes and zucchini potted up into  and caged. Cages aren't visible in the picture, but they are there now.

attachicon.gif IMG_1159.jpg

what size pots are the cucumbers in? i have always grown them in the ground but this year i want to grow in containers and want to make sure i use a big enough pot. your plants look great!

#5 podz

podz

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:22 PM

what size pots are the cucumbers in? i have always grown them in the ground but this year i want to grow in containers and want to make sure i use a big enough pot. your plants look great!

Sorry I missed this post. They are in 7.5 gallon pots but I just left them outside to die because I started them waaaaaay too early, they got too big and it keeps getting down into the 40s at night. I will plant some seeds later this week and they grow so fast that nothing will have been missed.

#6 luvmesump3pp3rz

luvmesump3pp3rz

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,144 posts
  • aka:kevin

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:26 PM

Sorry I missed this post. They are in 7.5 gallon pots but I just left them outside to die because I started them waaaaaay too early, they got too big and it keeps getting down into the 40s at night. I will plant some seeds later this week and they grow so fast that nothing will have been missed.

ok, thanks. :cheers:

#7 podz

podz

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

Good thing peppers aren't as cold-sensitive as cukes. I've had my peppers out in 40 degree nights and they are looking entirely healthy. Not really growing too fast, but looking quite fine anyway.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cucumbers, zucchini, eggplants, spinach, radishes, beans, basil, parsley, lettuce, herbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests