• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Miracle Fruit

A lot know that i had my Synsepalum Dulcificum (Miracle Fruit) seeds confiscated by the Wonderful people at Aust Customs BUT Christian from Denmark sent me some Tabs.

100_0789.jpg

So yesterday was left alone for a few Hrs and whist pottering around Found them so thought Hmmmmmmmm Y not, got some stuff and cranked the Cam,, Dropped the Tab ;)

ok so the active Glycoprotien molecule "Miraculin" binds to the taste receptors and for some bizzare reason, Make things Change Flavour..

lemon, cut up into 1/4's and was sus so a little,, IT TASTED LIKE SUGAR lemonade, WOW
Apple Cider Vinegar, dunno what that tasted like, but was heaps nice
Cheese,, I Hate Cheese.. Unreal it tasted sort of sweet and Loved it..
Washed that down with Malt Vinegar, HOW NICE is that,, Had More
Onion,, APPLE no way, even crunched like 1 so washed that down with more Malt Vinegar
Tabasco sauce, Ahh a use for.. Tasted crap but didn't taste like tabasco lol...
Chilli Moonshine (um forgot where got) it tsated Sweet like sort of Wine, but It still Burnt hahahahahaha so the Miracle fruit doesn't stop the Burn, just changes taste..

Im sending a Tab to IGG to have a go :hell: But if can get a tab or 2, hahahahahahahaha its Totally Unreal and ya got to try

prob put up the vid on weekend as Only put up 1 a week..

neil..

I throughtly thank you for sending me a tab (boy, that sounds like something else...). I can't wait to try it and will have a pleathura of stuff to try it with. How long did it last for you?

That is really cool Neil. Sounds like a lot of fun. If you ever get your hands on any seeds for those be sure to let the forum know hahaha. I still can't believe you were taking bites out of an onion and it tasted like an apple. I can't wait to see the video. What about garlic or ginger I wonder how those would taste?

IGG what is your eating line up going to be?

Josh said:
IGG what is your eating line up going to be?
Kinda similar. Also adding Potatos, peppercorns, hot sauce, bbq sauce, salt, beer, coffee...I'm basically going to walk around and taste everything that I can. :lol:

imaguitargod said:
Kinda similar. Also adding Potatos, peppercorns, hot sauce, bbq sauce, salt, beer, coffee...I'm basically going to walk around and taste everything that I can. :lol:

Sounds like a good plan. It will be interesting if the salt tastes like sugar.

Well just eat the coffee ground up hahaha.

imaguitargod said:
Ya, I'm not a salt fan so we'll see. I also want to try a REAAAAALLLLYYY hoppy beer.

Ah bitter. I am assuming based on context clues that it turns bitter things sweet?

Stout is suppose to taste like chocolate milkshake ;)

lasted prob an Hr i think, hahahahaha i was wandering round eating things and Nope the belly was fine.. chocolate was REALLLLLLLLY sweet same with marshmellows , the shit coffe i had tasted good too

have to get more of these :lol:

The Miracle Fruit plant (Synsepalum dulcificum) produces berries that, when eaten, cause bitter and sour foods (such as lemons and limes) consumed later to taste sweet.
The berry contains an active glycoprotein molecule, with some trailing carbohydrate chains, called miraculin.[5][6] When the fleshy part of the fruit is eaten, this molecule binds to the tongue's taste buds, causing bitter and sour foods to taste sweet. While the exact cause for this change is unknown, one hypothesis is that the effect may be caused if miraculin works by distorting the shape of sweetness receptors "so that they become responsive to acids, instead of sugar and other sweet things."[3] This effect lasts between thirty minutes and two hours.

Miracle fruit is available as freeze dried granules or in tablets - this form has a longer shelf life than fresh fruit. Tablets are made from compressed freeze dried fruit which causes the texture to be clearly visible even in tablet form.

The effect of Miracle fruit is made possible by contact with the tongue, not through digestion. For this reason, tablets must be allowed to dissolve in the mouth. The most pronounced effect can be achieved by coating the entire tongue in a paste of Miracle fruit for up to 30 seconds.

The tablets are currently very difficult to get outside of Asia, where they are popular among diabetics and dieters.[5][6] However, in many countries they can be purchased on the Internet

If you find a supplier let me know hippy, i would love to try these. Pity we can't find the seeds, that sucks.

imaguitargod said:
Ya, I'm not a salt fan so we'll see. I also want to try a REAAAAALLLLYYY hoppy beer.

That is a really good idea. Will be very interesting to hear the results. A good double IPA should do the trick...

THSC, I asked the question about seeds in the social group area, but from what i am reading here, you haven't got any further in regards to getting seeds or a plant???

got 1 tab left Nova,, Its on way

Vid it, then send as a reply to mine (ill send up this weekend instead of a sauce :beer:

hahahaha start a new thing that any1 can do,, show diff foods and things on Miracle fruit Vids..

found the 1 i dropped , but put down somewhere and can't find,, i want to do again as was told Crappy Tequila tastes like Fine wine and stout = chocolate milkshake (get a lil bottle of each to test as i diddn't :lol:)

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I think i'll order some of these for the holidays. Should be interesting to give them to my little brother. He hates everything. Can't wait to see the video. Should be a change from the "spoon of doom".

Here's my miracle fruit plant today. Doesn't look like much, but at least it's still alive and the mold seems to have been eradicated.

IMG_0514.jpg

nope,, the dude with the seedlings in USA didnt get back to me, same as the chick i ordered the seeds from that were confiscated, emailed back asking for stealth post and would pay again $24, nope some forest seed co in FLA (if any1 knows, let me know addy please as i got the shits and deleted stuff :beer:)

few nurserys in Oz havent gotten back either, but was told they had, so stopped emailing as felt like a dick spending hrs wasting time trying to get, like the wasabi,, dunno how much of my life ive wasted trying to find seeds but got forever so will try again later :lol:

fineexampl said:
Here's my miracle fruit plant today. Doesn't look like much, but at least it's still alive and the mold seems to have been eradicated.

It is looking good. How long does it take to get fruit from it?

Back