• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

greenhouse 8x6 HF Greenhouse Upgrade support?? The wooden frame version..

I found an article or video that had an awesome plan using a wooden frame skeleton for this Greenhouse last year and now I can't seem to find it.. Anyone familiar with it? Maybe I'm confusing it with the bigger one.. I just swear I found one based on the 8x6 as well. I'm really torn on a stationary vs. mobile build. 
Definitely seems to be the year to buy them.. With that 100$ off coupon they sent out(which I've seen mentioned a couple times already), coupled with the anticipated price jump for next year.

nmlarson said:
Have you checked your browser history?  I'd start there.
I don't have a browser history, as I do all of my internet incognito.. I would have saved the page, but I figured it would easy enough to find again if I decided to go with that greenhouse.

CraftyFox said:
I don't have a browser history, as I do all of my internet incognito.. I would have saved the page, but I figured it would easy enough to find again if I decided to go with that greenhouse.

A quick Google search for "harbor freight greenhouse hack wood upgrade" yielded something like this.  Were you looking for structural upgrades or interior shelf upgrades.  Lots of ideas came up.  Take your pick.  It shouldn't be hard to find something that fits your bill.  This one seems to have iit all.............

https://www.instructables.com/id/Building-and-Improving-the-Harbor-Freight-6x8-Gree/

That's similar, maybe even better than the one I recall.. Very nice! Thanks!  :metal: 
Google searches vary so much.. I hadn't used "hack".

What is the anticipated price jump next year on that one?

Chris

CraftyFox said:
I found an article or video that had an awesome plan using a wooden frame skeleton for this Greenhouse last year and now I can't seem to find it.. Anyone familiar with it? Maybe I'm confusing it with the bigger one.. I just swear I found one based on the 8x6 as well. I'm really torn on a stationary vs. mobile build. 
Definitely seems to be the year to buy them.. With that 100$ off coupon they sent out(which I've seen mentioned a couple times already), coupled with the anticipated price jump for next year.

I have one of these same greenhouses.  Saw it listed a couple years back for free if someone was willing to haul it away.  Not a bad deal!  

That upgrade seems like something I ought to do as well.  I'm fairly tall, so raising it up would definitely make things feel less cramped in there.  Right now I just use it for storage.  

What do you mean by a mobile build?  Gonna put it on wheels?
dMRW3DA.jpg

My friend bought a Harbor Freight greenhouse and it is junk.  He had to do so much carpentry to keep it from falling apart.

I'm considering building this in the fall:
https://www.buildeazy.com/greenhouse-1.php

Another friend is about to buy the greenhouse that Lowe's sells for around $650.  Reviews are sketchy.  I'll wait for her so take the plunge.

Instead of spending hard earned money on HF crap, get a Northern Tool shed kit and just cover it with polycarbonate. Much, much sturdier and will last for years. My HF greenhouse only made it about 1.5 seasons until it was destroyed by a microburst.

I still have it in the box and am considering returning it. 200$ is a good deal for a small greenhouse, but the time and investment to upgrade it is just out of my range this year. Trying to get all these peppers into pots has been quite a chunk in change too.. And I'm not done yet. 

By mobile I meant one you could slide around on the base(2x4's), vs. anchoring it. 

I hear you Smokin', I've been thinking something similar myself.. I'd really just prefer a hoop house at this point. I can't see my using it for more than 3 seasons a year. If polycarbonate, it'd be sweet to make stand-alone frames for the panels and then have a solid frame you could connect those to and take off for storage. 

Back