• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Habanero Sickness

Hi Guys

any idea of this problem in Habanero?

Thanks for help

Attachments

• IMG_2294.jpg
    IMG_2294.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2295.jpg
    IMG_2295.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2297.jpg
    IMG_2297.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2298.jpg
    IMG_2298.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 59
No one will be able to help you unless you give much more information.
What are the plants planted in?
What do you feed them?
How often do you feed them?
How often do you water?
Indoors or outdoors?
If outdoors, what has the weather been like?
Any previous issues with pests or disease?
Are you a new grower?
Even when something looks like one thing - say a nutrient deficiency - if we look at the root cause, it might be something very different.  A plant not being able to use the nutrients that are already there, looks exactly the same as not having them, due to something like heavy soil, or excessive rain.   So you'll have to tell us more.

Along with Solid7's request I'd like to add to DragonsFire's request of larger pix along with what you consider the problem? I see wrinkled & yellowing leaves along with some black spots.......

New photos

Attachments

• 9923351C-80EC-4114-81E4-D403B1593704.JPG
    9923351C-80EC-4114-81E4-D403B1593704.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 45
  • BD5783B8-F2AF-431E-BE52-EB141FC7570D-1.JPG
    BD5783B8-F2AF-431E-BE52-EB141FC7570D-1.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2296-1.jpg
    IMG_2296-1.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2295-1.jpg
    IMG_2295-1.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2294-1.jpg
    IMG_2294-1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2297-1.jpg
    IMG_2297-1.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2298-1.jpg
    IMG_2298-1.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 55
solid7 said:
No one will be able to help you unless you give much more information.
What are the plants planted in?
substrate composed of wood chips, black peat and horse dung. PH 6,5. Organic Matter 65% sms. Condutivity 3,31ms/cm.

What do you feed them?
How often do you feed them?
How often do you water?
2 NPK 18-18-18 + Micro fertilyzers + Calcium
Every days 3 times day 15m each part
 2 times month epson salt 2.5kg/ha
Also Give 2.5kg/ha nitrogem per week in water

Indoors or outdoors?
Indoor

If outdoors, what has the weather been like?
Also have outside, but all good

Any previous issues with pests or disease?
Until now i detected thrips on flowers
I can see Aphids

Are you a new grower?
No. I grow since 2014 but until now never can produce correct. To much problems...
Even when something looks like one thing - say a nutrient deficiency - if we look at the root cause, it might be something very different.  A plant not being able to use the nutrients that are already there, looks exactly the same as not having them, due to something like heavy soil, or excessive rain.   So you'll have to tell us more.
Yes maybe for example to much water. My water have 2,8 conductivity and 7 PH. I use nitric acid to reduce PH and give fertilizer until 3,2 conductivity.

thanks

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
Along with Solid7's request I'd like to add to DragonsFire's request of larger pix along with what you consider the problem? I see wrinkled & yellowing leaves along with some black spots.......

Hi. What is Dragons Fire?

Right off the bat, this seems like a very heavy, and possibly overwatered mix.
What is the ratio of each part of your potting mix?

solid7 said:
Right off the bat, this seems like a very heavy, and possibly overwatered mix.
What is the ratio of each part of your potting mix?

Im nut sure because i buy this at one company. Yes but maybe you have rigth. but what to do now? The plans already in pot... 

Overwareted can make this in photo?

Attachments

• IMG_2317.jpg
    IMG_2317.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 53
I went now to farm and check some plants.

What i see... 

also thrips but i sprayed saturday for this issue.

Attachments

• IMG_2315.jpg
    IMG_2315.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2316.jpg
    IMG_2316.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2317.jpg
    IMG_2317.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2318.jpg
    IMG_2318.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2311.jpg
    IMG_2311.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2312.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2313.jpg
    IMG_2313.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 61
The Neem will take care of that.
It's very hard to tell what all is wrong.  From the start, it looked to me like a general nutrient deficiency.  The aphids doesn't help.  So why don't we try tackling one problem at a time?
I would suggest first that you get the Neem going, right away.  Use a 2:1 ratio of Neem to soap. (must be soap, NOT detergent)  Mix this in a separate container, with a small amount of warm water.  When it's fully blended, pour it into the water that you'll spray.  Do this every 7-10 days for at least 3 weeks. (and afterwards, at least once a month as a preventative)
As for the watering.  How about you just don't water it for awhile?  Let's just say... 3 days.  If the plants are outside, even if they droop, just withhold water.  If they don't spring back during the night hours (when it's been dark for a few hours), then you'll need to add just a bit of water.  In general, you want to keep these plants as dry as they will tolerate, until you figure out how exactly to water them.  If it doesn't improve, you may need to replant them in another mix. 

Ruid said:
I love this thread title. Imagine calling into work and claiming you have habanero sickness. Lol

Unfortunately, this illness usually works itself out between the hours of 6am and 10am...

solid7 said:
The Neem will take care of that.
It's very hard to tell what all is wrong.  From the start, it looked to me like a general nutrient deficiency.  The aphids doesn't help.  So why don't we try tackling one problem at a time?
I would suggest first that you get the Neem going, right away.  Use a 2:1 ratio of Neem to soap. (must be soap, NOT detergent)  Mix this in a separate container, with a small amount of warm water.  When it's fully blended, pour it into the water that you'll spray.  Do this every 7-10 days for at least 3 weeks. (and afterwards, at least once a month as a preventative)
As for the watering.  How about you just don't water it for awhile?  Let's just say... 3 days.  If the plants are outside, even if they droop, just withhold water.  If they don't spring back during the night hours (when it's been dark for a few hours), then you'll need to add just a bit of water.  In general, you want to keep these plants as dry as they will tolerate, until you figure out how exactly to water them.  If it doesn't improve, you may need to replant them in another mix. 

Thank you. I will see where i can buy neem in Portugal. About water, i will leave 3 days without water and checking. 

Ruid said:
I love this thread title. Imagine calling into work and claiming you have habanero sickness. Lol

Can you want try to speak in Portuguese... Maybe you are better than me in English...

Lets Try???

Back