• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaves curling up and folding!

Hello! 

Leaves started curling up on my seedling like that and I don't know what might be the problem. 
The day that problem appeared was much hotter than days before that were cloudy.
While watering I always mixed in small amounts of compost tea made of weeds ( overfertilizing?) .

Closest  pepper plant problem I found on the internet similar to mine is calcium deficiency, 
so maybe that's it? All help is appreciated!  :drooling:

https://ibb.co/b2T4nz8

One leaf just became very floppy and stiff, whiter on the end.

https://ibb.co/d5PJgqH

Rachhet said:

So if some leaf edges curl up on the edges like that it's nothing to worry about? You know, I just prefer to be safe  :P
If its on a small/isolated level then yes, its not an issue. If it spreads or gets worse, or if you start to see other symptoms then I would get somewhat concerned.

Doelman said:
Clearly pepper cancer, better burn the plant because it's transferable to humans.  Kidding, looks fine.
Oops, it appears that I'm too paranoid with this plant! :D Relieved that I was wrong, thanks guys!

solid7 said:

Pepper cancer to humans is sexually transmitted...

Oh no... better tell my girl as she insisted on a Jalapeno Gigante fantasy in the garden swing the other nite..

OP, on your first pic, just check where the leaf is rolled over that no white spider webbing is in there. But your plants look pretty healthy like others have said.

jmo

acs1 said:

Oh no... better tell my girl as she insisted on a Jalapeno Gigante fantasy in the garden swing the other nite..

OP, on your first pic, just check where the leaf is rolled over that no white spider webbing is in there. But your plants look pretty healthy like others have said.

jmo
Will check that, thanks for your help! When I started growing peppers I didn't know that some imperfections on pepper leaves can be normal :D

Back