45 replies to this topic

#41 Mrganjahero

Mrganjahero

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 06:26 PM

So I ate one of the pods and to my surprise there was a little bit of heat. Nothing crazy, very low heat, but there was definitely a little bite. Really exciting. One of the plants is absolutely covered in flowers and is starting to form pods all over the plant. Its going to be a super producer. I havent gotten to try a pod off that plant yet but they are looking like the other pods.

#42 luvmesump3pp3rz

luvmesump3pp3rz

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,129 posts
  • aka:kevin

Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:51 PM

So I ate one of the pods and to my surprise there was a little bit of heat. Nothing crazy, very low heat, but there was definitely a little bite. Really exciting. One of the plants is absolutely covered in flowers and is starting to form pods all over the plant. Its going to be a super producer. I havent gotten to try a pod off that plant yet but they are looking like the other pods.

keep this thread updated and save lots of seeds.  :cheers:

#43 solid7

solid7

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,918 posts
  • aka:Solid7

Posted 02 August 2019 - 12:27 PM

OK, so if you've lived in Costa Rica, I don't need to tell you that Costa Ricans aren't big on getting technical about things.  Even addresses don't have numbers. (I was joking about our people living in "la casa verde fea al lado del amarillo mas feo")  In that vein, I was unable to get you a positive ID on these.  We even had a horticulturist in our camp, who couldn't identify them.

So you're on your own.  Make up a name.  Give it a Costa Rican name.   Might I suggest, "The sweet but not hot one that nobody knows the name of" - or TSBNHOTNKTNO, for short.

Sorry, best I could do...

Dave2000 - "Problem is, you happened upon the REAL DEAL."

#44 Mrganjahero

Mrganjahero

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:41 PM

I appreciate you looking into it. The mystery remains. Im not entirely disappointed, honestly. Ill have to come up with something to call it. The plants are full of green pods but they havent started ripening yet. Slow movers but its looking like they will all ripen at the same time. They are really pretty plants. Light green almost lime. Ill end up with plenty of seeds if anyone is interested in trades or just want a few.

Attached Thumbnails

• C4BF20AE-AEF6-4811-ABA8-F195016C8E3D.jpeg
  • CA857BB9-E535-412D-9B72-6F38E1F13462.jpeg
  • 22411B02-01F9-42A5-AF71-67EF9B03CDEA.jpeg

#45 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:01 PM

Low heat, chinense and sorta sweet?

Sounds like one of the various kinds of aji dulce from the surrounding areas.

#46 luvmesump3pp3rz

luvmesump3pp3rz

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,129 posts
  • aka:kevin

Posted 02 August 2019 - 02:21 PM

nice looking plants. please post pictures when they are ripe. i`m interested in swapping seeds with you for sure.  :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests