• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dad's birthday

Just sharing what a wonderful son I am. My dad's birthday is this month and i've been struggling (like i do every year) to find a gift for him that he'll use and enjoy. 

Wanting to try some extra hot pepps myself, I just ordered a small box from Juanitos and am going to give them to my father. He always complains that store bought habaneros aren't consistently hot, so I'm excited for him to try this variety. 

I'm hoping he'll let me try a sliver or two. 

From their site it says:

2019 Varieties:
Superhot = Reaper (red, brown, yellow), Ghost (red, brown, yellow), Brainstrain (red, brown yellow)
Medium = Scotch bonnet MoA, Bahamian Goat, Fatalii, mini rocoto
Mild = biquinho (red, yellow), aji brazilian starfish

I've never tried any of these and I don't think he has either. I'm definitely interested in growing scotches and/or Goats next year. 

You did good!  Your Dad won't be disappointed.
I need to check Juanito's site again.  Last time I looked he was out of stock.

Ruid said:
Report back with his opinions on them if you don't mind.

he doesn't have the highly sophisticated palet like I do. So I will try them as well and post a review of sorts.

Once I took him to eat pad thai that had chicken and peanuts, he scarfs the whole thing down then tells me, "mine didn't have chicken or peanuts in it." Mind you, our dishes looked similar. 

Back