• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is there any hope?

So, you don't let seedlings wilt.  Like just never.  If you're having problems with watering, just spray the surface.  Literally spritz it with a water bottle.  This is how I do it.  I don't have any problems with overwatering, or damping off.

The calcium in coco coir was my recommend.  Your plants all look like they're suffering the same.  You cannot turn coco coir around that quickly with just egg shells and water.  Eggshell needs time to break down.  I recommended to you that you use vinegar to create calcium acetate.  You said that was too complicated.  I also said if that was too difficult, epsom salt would be a good second choice.  You said you had a solution.

I reserve the right to be wrong, but these plants look exactly like what I've seen in the past with a coco coir substrate that didn't have a calcium pre-charge.  This has 2 effects: 1) the media may retain salt water - calcium releases it, 2) No calcium means that N, Ca, and K are locked up in the media.

You ideally need to do the charging BEFORE you plant out.  I'm not 100% certain that you can save them as seedlings, but to me, that's your best best.  

At this point, I would HONESTLY just consider removing all of the media from the seedlings, and just putting them into your MG mix.  I don't think they're ready for a mix with ferts yet, but I also don't think you have a great chance of success with what you have now.

A final option, would be to properly charge that seedling mix, and then remove the old mix, put the seedlings in the newly charged, and see what happens.

All of your plants are way too small to be clipping leaves.  I think you may have really misunderstood that bit of advice.  We don't trim leaves, until we actually have a surplus of "true" leaves.  That is, when your leaves closest to the bottom are not your only set of "true" leaves, then it's a much safer bet.  Truth be told, you never need to trim leaves, period.  Certainly, you don't want to be robbing a plant that's already in bad shape, of any surface area that can aid in recovery.

solid7 said:
So, you don't let seedlings wilt.  Like just never.  If you're having problems with watering, just spray the surface.  Literally spritz it with a water bottle.  This is how I do it.  I don't have any problems with overwatering, or damping off.

The calcium in coco coir was my recommend.  Your plants all look like they're suffering the same.  You cannot turn coco coir around that quickly with just egg shells and water.  Eggshell needs time to break down.  I recommended to you that you use vinegar to create calcium acetate.  You said that was too complicated.  I also said if that was too difficult, epsom salt would be a good second choice.  You said you had a solution.

I reserve the right to be wrong, but these plants look exactly like what I've seen in the past with a coco coir substrate that didn't have a calcium pre-charge.  This has 2 effects: 1) the media may retain salt water - calcium releases it, 2) No calcium means that N, Ca, and K are locked up in the media.

You ideally need to do the charging BEFORE you plant out.  I'm not 100% certain that you can save them as seedlings, but to me, that's your best best.  

At this point, I would HONESTLY just consider removing all of the media from the seedlings, and just putting them into your MG mix.  I don't think they're ready for a mix with ferts yet, but I also don't think you have a great chance of success with what you have now.

A final option, would be to properly charge that seedling mix, and then remove the old mix, put the seedlings in the newly charged, and see what happens.

All of your plants are way too small to be clipping leaves.  I think you may have really misunderstood that bit of advice.  We don't trim leaves, until we actually have a surplus of "true" leaves.  That is, when your leaves closest to the bottom are not your only set of "true" leaves, then it's a much safer bet.  Truth be told, you never need to trim leaves, period.  Certainly, you don't want to be robbing a plant that's already in bad shape, of any surface area that can aid in recovery.

Appreciate the help partner! 

sjunbboi said:
fuck this shit. I'm just buying fucking plants next year. waste of my fucking time and money..

I just start mine in soil normally. I'll even use MG potting mix. Keeps it simple. Sow the seed keep it moist and wrap with Saran wrap to keep humidity in. Then when they pop keep em in a sunny area with shade cloth (back porch works just fine, screen acts as shade cloth). Then start hardening them off as they grow. Slowly introducing them to my full strength Florida sun.

It's really that simple if I go that route. There's so many complicated ways of doing what nature does best.

Shoot. I've even messed up plants I've bought. The fun is in the fullfillment it gives me in learning and growing.

Don't give up homie. You got this shizz. And

Back