• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Tomato Disease.. Anthracnose?

This took out my branch of ripe, fairly undersized, Mortgage Lifter fruits.. I'm guessing it's Anthracnose, but hoping someone can confirm/deny.
The dusty sporulation or whatever it is that fruits on the top of the lesion has a brown/tan color to it, like cardboard. 
Thinking I'm going to have to destroy another tomato.. Thanks for insights.

N4e7Rvdl.jpg

7dhqYCUl.jpg

yjajLiql.jpg

So, it could be.  Maybe. 
But to be honest, I don't see any issue with the leaves.  Which makes me think this might actually be stinkbug damage.  Especially with the moldy spots.

My nursery cherry and Mortgage lifter are at less than half of what they were.. I did surgery yesterday on the leaves/stalks and there isn't much left of them. Maybe these two symptoms are unrelated, but I'm still pretty stuck on anthracnose or a similar disease. Once symptoms show on leaves, the leaf is yellow in 5 days, right up to the stalk. It seems to spread quickly but I think this was all damage from the initial ground bathes they got from winds. You'll note you just barely see hints of this in the OP. These plants have been put on the ground a number of time by wind, including a real beat down from some macrobursts we had about a month ago. I know I've also pulled a few lower leaves showing these symptoms within the month leading up to this, usually just here and there. Sometimes my phone does not keep the pictures I take and if I don't catch it.. I had tried taking full plant pictures before the major surgery. 

7KQyrg7l.jpg

TJaVHjvl.jpg

Tomatoes are such sissy little bitches.  They suffer hard in late season.  And that looks like tomato blight, to me.  Although it looks similar to fungus, and bacterial spot, and so many other things, also, so it's hard to say for sure.
Now, it's also possible that it's just damage from falling over.  But if that spreads much farther, I'd probably go ahead and cull that plant.  If you lose more than 50% of your foliage, cut your losses.

It's not impossible that it's anthracnose.  The damage just looks a little different than what I'm used to seeing.  But, I think if you have a local ag extension office, they'd be able to tell you straight away.

My Chocolate Cherry is still doing awesome. But I agree, tomatoes seem very fussy for me too. I was also considering late Blight too. 
This is where the worst infected one is currently.. I'll look into the ag ext.
yHjFJefl.jpg

Back