• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Pure Seven

I decided to use my last 2 pounds of fresh 7 Pots today for my second attempt at hot sauce. Got 9 coozies total...so there is a little less than 1/4 pound (~100 grams) of 7 Pot peppers in each bottle...I used 156 total pods....

Any comments/suggestions/criticism gladly accepted...

I am calling it Pure Seven because that is what it is.

Picture of Label

PureSevenLabel.jpg

Picture of bottled sauce

112308a001.jpg

tha.ts gonna be frigging hot AJ.
How was the consistancy? thick or thin?
Also A Q I been meaning to ask. After sitting awhile do you find some of your pastes split a little? (ie water separates)

What do you think of the 7s for flavour?
I am experimenting with a 30% 7pot lousiana style hot sauce, it just isn't quite right yet.

I like your product, I'd put it in 100 gm jars instead for the everyday Joe. (thats just a marketing, business angle though, more product from your yeild greater return for effort etc etc)

Mick

about 1/4 pound of 7-pot in each bottle :lol: thats gotta be some serious heat there. only thing I might add if I were you is something like "extremely HOT" or "XXXXXXXXXXXXXX HOT!!!!!!" to the label so some people know what they're getting theirself into, because that would put most normal people on the floor in a fetal position :lol:

oh wait, didnt think to much that you already have "superhots' on the label
but I could see some people not paying attention to that unless seeing may another warning saying its REALLY HOT!!

thanks rabbit...first try at this really hot stuff...

stillmanz said:
thats gonna be frigging hot AJ.
How was the consistancy? thick or thin?

constisancy is pretty thick and actually may be too thick once it cools down...yup...you are right...absolute fire...actually too hot for me...

stillmanz said:
Also A Q I been meaning to ask. After sitting awhile do you find some of your pastes split a little? (ie water separates)

I just looked at all the concentrates I have made so far and only one batch has separated a little bit...only 3 jars and they are the ones I didn't cook as long as the others...I am cooking my concentrate for about 20 minutes...rolling boil then simmer covered...

stillmanz said:
What do you think of the 7s for flavour?

to me, the 7 Pot has one of the best flavors and aroma of any of the superhots I have grown and tasted...rivals the fitalii/devils tongue to me...

stillmanz said:
I am experimenting with a 30% 7pot lousiana style hot sauce, it just isn't quite right yet.?

keep on brother, you will get it right...I have learned a lot from you and brother Bent over the past year..

stillmanz said:
I like your product, I'd put it in 100 gm jars instead for the everyday Joe. (thats just a marketing, business angle though, more product from your yeild greater return for effort etc etc)Mick

Great input Mick...that makes sense too...I don't think the average joe could use a bottle of this for the entire year...next batch I make, I will reduce the size from the 5 oz coozies.

CH...you are right...I need to label it as extreme heat or something...thanks

OMG...that's 17.3 7-pot pods PER WOOZIE!!!

That'll incinerate any Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster ever made!

Dang AJ, that has to be one of the hottest natural sauces ever. :)
Just wait until that death sauce has steeped awhile...I'm in awe... :P

Thanks QS...that's what I am after...may not be the hottest ever but I know it is hot...and you can really taste the pepper...

thanks Steve973...I used your recipe as a guide and it is great...

They look great AJ for your first batch with labels. You move so fast through everything you do it's amazing. Are those bottles from PepperMania because I'm looking and she seems like the only source. Mick makes alot of sense using the large mouth 110 gram jar and then you can pressure can like your doing and feel safe. I might go that route, short in size but high in heat.

I love simple sauce. Four ingredients, but nice complements.

I'm thinking blackened fish.

Back