• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Mystery pepper

These were labeled as a scotch bonnet cross. Obviously not the case, they aren't very hot. Maybe jalapeno level. I was thinking bola peppers but I've never had them before so I can't know for sure.

Edit:forgot picture lol
peppers.jpg

BloodshotPillow said:
These were labeled as a scotch bonnet cross. Obviously not the case, they aren't very hot.

I would be cautious about jumping to any conclusions, since unstable, early-stage crosses can sometimes defy our expectations. I once tried a Scotch Bonnet cross that had Poblano level heat at most, and no Chinense taste or aroma that I could detect. Do you happen to know what variety yours was supposed to have been crossed with?

Pics of the plant and flowers would also be helpful.

BlackFatalii said:

I would be cautious about jumping to any conclusions, since unstable, early-stage crosses can sometimes defy our expectations. I once tried a Scotch Bonnet cross that had Poblano level heat at most, and no Chinense taste or aroma that I could detect. Do you happen to know what variety yours was supposed to have been crossed with?

Pics of the plant and flowers would also be helpful.
It just said cross. It was a freebie with a shipment of seeds and I felt like gambling with them. 

As for the plant and flowers, short squat plant. No more than a foot tall, tiny all white flowers. 
It's taste is pretty straight forward as well. Just kind of like a pepper. 

Back