• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod Was supposed to be Bhut Jolokia, but no heat at all. Zilch

Like the headlines says, its supposed to be Ghost, but there is no heat, none.....not even a sizzle. On the plus side, it has a great flavor. Any ideas?

Attachments

• peppers (6).jpg
    peppers (6).jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 106
  • peppers (5).jpg
    peppers (5).jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 90
  • peppers (4).jpg
    peppers (4).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 100
  • peppers (3).jpg
    peppers (3).jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 106
The one mature Pod I tried had the initial taste of wanting to be hot but then it was just a mild pepper. I mean, when you first bit into it, you kinda braced yourself for heat form the taste. Sounds wierd, but between the non hots I have and the super hots I can tell when the heat is coming. This one started off like that and then nothing. maybe it was just PTSD from other super hots I've eaten. I cant remember where I got these from. I bought them last February. I've just had Ghost pepper on all of the labels going forward and on all of the charts in my notebooks. 

Just wondering if maybe you got an odd non-hot pod if you hadn't had a few yet. They're cool looking pods and going through those color changes is great too.  I was thinking they must have crossed into an antho mutation at first (and something about the leaves had me thinking cross as well), but maybe that's just some sun color showing purple over the early creamy yellow.  Anyway, cool stuff - especially if they start showing you a little heat!

Right now all those ones in the pics are starting to show orange glimpses. They still have great fresh flavor, and I plan on using them when they mature for other things. I'm thinking stuffed with cream cheese and bacon wrapped yeah?

kts4375 said:
Right now all those ones in the pics are starting to show orange glimpses. They still have great fresh flavor, and I plan on using them when they mature for other things. I'm thinking stuffed with cream cheese and bacon wrapped yeah?

Yeah  :)

Plus you can always dice a little of something hotter in with the cream cheese to up the amps if you want a bit more heat.

Back