• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Memorial Weekend - What's everyone got planned?

I for one will be smoking a ham this weekend, along with consuming copious amounts of beer. It's supposed to hit near 90f this weekend where I'm at so it's going to be a good weekend. Normally it's raining and around 50f for this weekend. I also plan on giving Def's sauces a try this weekend on some wings and drummies so it should be all good!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Private birthday party catering tonight (all you can eat chili dogs by the Chili Man. Money, money, money!) Then just lying about, grilling (not BBQing) and like Bubba, hopefully some swimming.

Been working a bunch lately and just too happy to have a few days without cooking too much and gettting the cart ready every morning.

Also copious amounts of beer! Hooray beer!

Grinding up about 75 lbs of dried habaneros on the deck (I'm exiled from inside the house when doing this now) for the next batch-lette of Batch #3. Then it's off to the processing room, filled with various alcohol and pepper fumes, to move the other batch-lettes forward to the next procedural step.

Thank God for beer.

Ahhhhh the joys of owning and running your very own business. I worked about 18 hours, all alone, on a 100 person BBQ Pork luncheon and the grub was gone in about 35 minutes (if my ability to tell time is not all that bad).

My wife exiles me just for fun sometimes. Heck I think your wife has exiled me a few as well, it's like a club! Tina, your up!

And yes, thank heaven for beer

DEFCON Creator said:
Grinding up about 75 lbs of dried habaneros on the deck (I'm exiled from inside the house when doing this now) for the next batch-lette of Batch #3. Then it's off to the processing room, filled with various alcohol and pepper fumes, to move the other batch-lettes forward to the next procedural step.

Thank God for beer.

Need any help? maybe I can "kidnap" some early batch #3

DEFCON Creator said:

Thank God for beer.

Going to defcon HQ for the beer!

Actually, going to the Yankees game later today, then Brooklyn for some raved about fish tacos - basically hanging out all weekend and trying to avoid work.

Fun in the Sun

Hangin' out at the casa. Drinking mass quantities of COLD BEER!! Going to attempt to not say anything stupid on any blogs. Avoiding any movement of the vehicles in order to avoid all of the swarms of turons that have once again invaded our coastline. Having shrimp and Cajun' wings this eve.
Everybody have a safe Weekend!!!! Keep it HOT!

Cap'n

Back in my Wilmingto day's, we used to call them tour-orrists as well. Gonna get real ugly at Wrightsville for the next couple of months, good luck! (FOr those who have never lived in a seaside college town, you see, before Memorial day, it is pretty locals and college students at the beach, then Mem-day hits and the tour-orrists hit from like Burgaw and the surrounding burgs and the ugly gets overwhelming)

Saturday: Probably going to BJ's Brewary today, grill the pork ribs tonight.

Sunday: Sleep in to get rid of hang over. At 3PM me and my roommate(or "My roommate and I" fo those English majors out there...hehehehe) are going out to a ranch to go to Grand Master Eric Lee's martial arts party. Then get back at 6pm and drink.

Monday: More beer and maybe see X-Men 3 if I have enough money...

These seems to be a theme going on here, can anyone spot it...

BBQ'ed some chicken, drank some Sierra Nevada beer...

chiliman said:
Back in my Wilmingto day's, we used to call them tour-orrists as well. Gonna get real ugly at Wrightsville for the next couple of months, good luck! (FOr those who have never lived in a seaside college town, you see, before Memorial day, it is pretty locals and college students at the beach, then Mem-day hits and the tour-orrists hit from like Burgaw and the surrounding burgs and the ugly gets overwhelming)

So you know exactly what we're dealing with this weekend..We had the opp to set up at a few small festivals this weekend, however we opted to ride out the weekend at home. "Welcome to our beach..Now go home!" :)

Working. Suns in the playoffs Sunday will keep me late at the sports bar. I'll have to delay the grilling until tuesday. think I'll do some grilled fish and some corn on the cob.

Well the weekend has come and gone and I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine turned out pretty good. Sat. I smoked a 10lb ham and made some potatoe boats. Had a nice breeze on Sat. so I spent the majority of the day outdoors. Smoked ham all day, feasted around 6pm, then played Texas hold-em with the kids until the sun went down. Sunday was brutally hot so I didn't spend nearly as much time outside but I did get the last of my peppers in the ground. These were the leftovers that didn't make it into the main garden. I just planted them in an old flower garden next to the garage. Partial sun so it should be interesting to see how they do. Monday was reserved for doing up some drummies and breaking in Def's wing sauce but we ended up with storms on Monday so that is going to have to wait until next weekend.
All in all a great memorial weekend for once.

Have a good week everyone!

Back