• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

would love some help with ID on 3 peppers

So new to this growing peppers thing and wondering what the peppers are my friend gave me.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• Peppers 3.jpg
    Peppers 3.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Peppers 2.jpg
    Peppers 2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Peppers 1.jpg
    Peppers 1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 103
i`m a rookie at this so i`m just guessing. first one kind of looks like a peach ghost pepper.

second one sorta looks like cayenne.

third one it possibly a thai or similar. it could also be a different cayenne.

there are so many types of peppers out there that it`s nearly impossible to be 100% sure. 

i could be wrong on all three, just guessing.

He wasn't too sure. Said the one was supposed to be some wickedly hot ghost pepper a chef friend of his gave him and now looking at some google images a Peach Bhut Jolokia looks pretty close.

No idea of the other two but the second picture i posted that are green are all dark red...so maybe Cayenne.
The third ones are cute little things but pack a good bite..no idea lol

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
i`m a rookie at this so i`m just guessing. first one kind of looks like a peach ghost pepper.

second one sorta looks like cayenne.

third one it possibly a thai or similar. it could also be a different cayenne.

there are so many types of peppers out there that it`s nearly impossible to be 100% sure. 

i could be wrong on all three, just guessing.
Looks right to me.  Peach Bhut, Cayenne (looks similar to the Island Hellfire I'm growing) and some sort of Thai.  

The Washington Chilli Man said:
Hi, the second one is identical to the cayennes i am growing and the third is very similar to basket of fire ones i am growing. I am also a novice but just trying to help.

_‘Basket of Fire’ ??? Can't agree with that one. Most pix in a GOOGLE Image Search,
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ACYBGNQiIkH7HuAmi5uHenPnUJpKgbRSWA%3A1568566395643&source=hp&biw=1517&bih=694&ei=e2x-XdaQJMmc5gKazoDgCQ&q=basket+of+fire+peppers&oq=basket+of+fire&gs_l=img.1.0.0l10.3981.14386..19898...0.0..0.110.1140.13j1......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......35i39j0i10.6cgQjjcEiJY#imgrc=_]Click here[/url, seem to have a cluster pheno.

The peach ones look like peach bhuts with other genetics in the mix....Super cool looking imo. Reminds me of the Cinder texture.

Red one looks like a type of cayenne or maybe Chinese in origin.

Orange one im not sure but possible Thai orange or a cross. Really hard to say when it comes to Thai peppers. They dont seem to make much effort to prevent crosses.

Thank you to everyone for their input and ideas. Now I have to figure out what to do with all of them as my family don't do spicy. :rolleyes:
Next mission to figure out about drying and or freezing pros and cons and some awesome chili sauce.
Thanks again so much
Jebediah

my family doesn`t do spicy either so i have to spice up my plate after it`s cooked. during growing season i will chop a fresh pod and mix it in and during the off season powder works best for me. i like sauces and buy them but i haven`t made sauce yet. :cheers:

ShowMeDaSauce said:
The peach ones look like peach bhuts with other genetics in the mix....Super cool looking imo. Reminds me of the Cinder texture.

Red one looks like a type of cayenne or maybe Chinese in origin.

Orange one im not sure but possible Thai orange or a cross. Really hard to say when it comes to Thai peppers. They dont seem to make much effort to prevent crosses.
I agree with you about the peach ones, they look related to the peach bhuts on whp.com

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Back