• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

yield Yield

How many peppers are you getting per plant. I've only gotten about 10-20 peppers for 16 plants(although 7 died while I was away). From what I've seen on this forum, most people has clusters of peppers. Granted, I haven't been manually pollinating them. (Ebb and Flow Hydro)

Not hydro, but in pots and in the ground I will probably get any where from maybe 50 up to literally 100s of pods per plant, depending on the plant.

You only need to post your question once.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

KevinThePepperhead said:
. I don't know how to delete it though.

You can't.... Or I should say, members can't delete posts. This has  been noted many times when double posts inadvertently appear and the originator posts that inability.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

You can't.... Or I should say, members can't delete posts. This has  been noted many times when double posts inadvertently appear and the originator posts that inability.
Oh. Is there an admin who can delete it then?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

KevinThePepperhead said:
Oh. Is there an admin who can delete it then?

As far as I know only the Administrator, The Hot Pepper, can delete posts. Use the envelope icon at the top of page to send a PM (Private Message) to him.

What chili plants are they? I had 10 pink tigers this year, they grew very big but the highest yielding plant produced 7 pods :-/ all other produced between 3 and 5 pods.

Swinglish said:
What chili plants are they? I had 10 pink tigers this year, they grew very big but the highest yielding plant produced 7 pods :-/ all other produced between 3 and 5 pods.
Red scotch bonnet, numex big jim, fatalli

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

Can you elaborate?
I have a bunch of flowers, but I never polllinated them. If i had manually pollinated all of my flowers, i would have that 50-100 per plant figure

willard3 said:
Chiles are self pollinating.
My healthy reaper with tons of flowers was not setting fruit, an old time farmer/neighbor told me here in humid sFL during the very humid rainy months, pollen clumps from the extreme humidity and does not transfer well from the stamen. Not sure if thats true or not, but sounded right coming out of this old time farmer.

Very frustrating to see so many flowers drop with not a single fruit set for months on this big lush green reaper. While my other Chinense are loaded with fruit... go figure...

post-15502-0-70243500-1568388542_thumb.jpg

KevinThePepperhead said:
How many peppers are you getting per plant. I've only gotten about 10-20 peppers for 16 plants(although 7 died while I was away). From what I've seen on this forum, most people has clusters of peppers. Granted, I haven't been manually pollinating them. (Ebb and Flow Hydro)
See below pic... Might want to go back to basic grow techniques, something sounds very wrong...

alkhall said:
Historically, I get between 50 to several hundred pods per plant, depending on variety.

I concur...

Just counted 57 pods on the BT Scorpion and a few less on the Fatalii next to it. Thats only the first batch/harvest for these plants.
 The red savina must have at least the same on it and has given me many hundreds of pods in the last year.. The little peter plant in the middle only has 8 or 9 pods and refuses to grow big, but it has always been the slow growing runt from day 1 for some unknown reason.. 
 The triple Early Jalapeno has given me over 1000 hot real tasty pods in the last 11 months. my old reaper has also produced hundreds of pods in the last year and must have 30 pods now.

And these are smaller container plants in 3 gal plastic or mostly now #5 fabric pots. Imagine in ground they'd triple size/production.

Then my baccatums rack has hundreds of pods on aji limo, SRP, etc... Can't even count how many my Apache has produced,, must be over 1000.

Most pepper plants are prolific producers when conditions are right. Ever hear that rhythm, Peter picked a peck of peppers. I believe thats 2 gallons per peck iirr... lol

Attachments

• chinrack9_17_19.jpg
    chinrack9_17_19.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 62
There are so many things that can cause that. Often times it's a climate problem, just like many of us if it's too hot they don't wanna work.

The biggest problem with this forum is most of these guys are way too good at growing peppers. While my plants look good to me they don't compare to most of the glogs. The good thing I've noticed is most will help you improve ( unless you enter the growdown)

Back