• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Seed removal made simple.

This works for most thin wall dried pods that were cut in half before drying

Put a handful in a quart container. I used a plastic quart soup container.

Shake the snot out of it for 30sec. Most of the seeds and placenta fall right out without much loss. Just repeat with any that didnt.
NkB6m32.jpg

Inqc2uC.jpg

AItZkYk.jpg

tL2RwBb.jpg

Very few seeds left and nice dried pod halves. That was a jammed packed quart bag of fresh Bolsa de Dulce btw. Halved then dried.
5aW06lT.jpg

ShowMeDaSauce said:
This works for most thin wall dried pods that were cut in half before drying

Put a handful in a quart container. I used a plastic quart soup container.

Shake the snot out of it for 30sec. Most of the seeds and placenta fall right out without much loss. Just repeat with any that didnt.
NkB6m32.jpg

Inqc2uC.jpg

AItZkYk.jpg

tL2RwBb.jpg

Very few seeds left and nice dried pod halves. That was a jammed packed quart bag of fresh Bolsa de Dulce btw. Halved then dried.
5aW06lT.jpg

i will definitely be trying this soon. thanks for the tip. 

I hate deseeding most peppers but i also hate ground seeds in my powder. To me the seeds and placenta are bitter BUT if you remove them before drying it kills a lot of heat too. Not a huge deal with supers i guess. They gunna be pretty freaking hot anyway.

The Bolsa de Dulce were loaded with seeds and a thick spongy placenta. I was dreading the thought of doing them all by hand. I cut off the stem and halved them all just to keep it simple. Jalas are easy to deseed before drying and my Zapotecs are freakishly hot. I sampled a dried piece and its crazy hot for a jalapeno. Pretty sure it was hotter than my long cayennes. I dont even want to handle fresh supers at all. I just bought some heavy duty 6mil thick nitrile gloves and some Platex Living gloves for when i must.

Gunna try a batch of JPGS next and some hotter pods.

OK just splitting them in half with the stem on did not work as well. Cutting off a little of the stem end helped quite a bit. Plus the JPGS dont really have the same kind of placenta. Its not a big center mass like the Bolsa have.

Got some various brown pods to try next. Still beat the hell out of deseeding them fresh.

Back