• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Any way to tell if these are Chocolate Ghosts or Chocolate Habaneros (or something else)

Any way to tell if these are Chocolate Ghosts or Chocolate Habaneros (or something else)? These are some seeds that I got in a "super hot mix" pack. I'm excited that I'm getting to try a bunch of different peppers but it's really hard to tell what's what when seeds don't come labeled.

Attachments

• 20190929_164955.jpg
    20190929_164955.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 124
luvmesump3pp3rz said:
they are closer in shape to ghost peppers than habs. i`m no expert so it`s just an opinion. here is a pic with orange habs and red ghosts and others. ghosts are on the right and habs in the middle. 

attachicon.gif
20190820_191010_resized.jpg
^^^Agreed.....

Here's s pic of....
Top: Chocolate Habanero, Chocolate Scotch Bonnet, & Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Bottom: Peach Bhut (Ghost) & Red Bhut (Ghost).
24csz8Q.jpg

Yours look like the walls or flesh might be thicker than some bhuts, possibly making them hotter??? That's just my opinion. Nice fruits, OP & Kevin!!!!

Bhuter said:
^^^Agreed.....

Here's s pic of....
Top: Chocolate Habanero, Chocolate Scotch Bonnet, & Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Bottom: Peach Bhut (Ghost) & Red Bhut (Ghost).
24csz8Q.jpg

Yours look like the walls or flesh might be thicker than some bhuts, possibly making them hotter??? That's just my opinion. Nice fruits, OP & Kevin!!!!
Thanks Adam. your pic shows what i was trying to say. habs are more squat and boxy whereas ghosts usually are more elongated and pointy. you always have some nice pods. i got a box of pods last year from you and added a nice variety of seeds to my collection.  :cheers:  

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
Thanks Adam. your pic shows what i was trying to say. habs are more squat and boxy whereas ghosts usually are more elongated and pointy. you always have some nice pods. i got a box of pods last year from you and added a nice variety of seeds to my collection.  :cheers:  
:blush: Thanks, Kevin. But I must confess....I grew the Peach Bhut....but the rest came from Jay Weaver's Farm in Kutztown, PA. Mark (Bookers) picked up a nice selection for me. I wanted a chocolate hab and/or chocolate Scotch Bonnet, and he picked both with a bonus JHC! All of those just happen to be sitting here. Lol so I snapped a pic. Lol.

Are those orange Jals or red? Also, nice Allepos or Urfas..... Nom Nom Nom....

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
actually what is pictured is shishitos on the left, then clockwise serranos at 11 o`clock, cowhorns at 1 o`clock, ghost at 3 o`clock and cayenne at 6 o`clock with habs center. 
Wow! Those are some BIG-ASS shishitos!!! I was wrong all around!!!! My orange Jals are the same shape as your Serranos. My yellows are fatter.

NOICE!!!!!!

kanikedude03 said:
Any way to tell if these are Chocolate Ghosts or Chocolate Habaneros (or something else)? These are some seeds that I got in a "super hot mix" pack. I'm excited that I'm getting to try a bunch of different peppers but it's really hard to tell what's what when seeds don't come labeled.

My Chocolate Bhut Jolokia's from 2015

KTtZEce.jpg

sirex said:
That's def a Bhut shape.

Super similar to my CARDI shape this year too. My bhuts last year were a little different mostly. I did get some like that though.

The big brown bhuts this year look much different but its some crazy hybrid pepperlover did a few years ago.

ShowMeDaSauce said:

Super similar to my CARDI shape this year too. My bhuts last year were a little different mostly. I did get some like that though.

The big brown bhuts this year look much different but its some crazy hybrid pepperlover did a few years ago.
I've definitely seen scorpions of that shape but my mind first jumps to Bhut as my experience growing Bhuts and scorps my Bhuts have tended to look like that.

Back