• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Chilis the resteraunt is crap!!!

nothing hot there and there hab sauce is crap.
waste of 90 bucks !!

I ask for hotsauce and they have Tabasco!!!!!!! come people if your going to have a place with a pepper as your logo at least have a few sauces that have a bit more appeal than tabasco!

the manager said that I was the first to complain about this and was sorry that they could not fill my request for a spicy dish.

Oh well

i stopped going to Chili's for that very reason pretty much. They stopped having any kick to their recipes long ago. I heard they have a boneless habanero chicken wing thing, but i sincerely doubt they are very hot. There's just no mass money in genuine heat. They want the grandmas and kids going there thinking they're brave and having a little zing in their wings. It's not commercially viable.

Better example is this local World Of Wings joint by me here in Jersey. My girl, who is no stranger to heat living with me, and i ordered their absolute hottest wings. I was all set with an extra beverage in case i began to sweat. My girl ate more than me that day. The wings weren't close to hot to even her. I want to another place here called Jose Teja's. They're another tex-mex joint. I asked the waitress for their hottest hot sauce. She came back with the no-name knockoff of Frank's Red Hot. I had my own bottle of Batch#4 from my own kitchen luckily, but it's not excuse. Same happened to me at every place i've gone to that claims to have heat. It just isn't there.

I hear Quaker Steak and Lube has heat and a few other places like it, but it's always just in hot wings. In fact, the ONLY place to get actual firey foods is at the local Thai joints and Indian joints (allergic to Indian myself).

My best advice? Always bring your own and always complain.

Major chains suck, they are good for when you are traveling and nothing else is around.

they call the place Chilis and they can't serve a decent hot sauce - maybe they should change their name to Wimpy's...

A friend of mine worked at a Chili's here for a few years and she told me the logo pepper is based on the fresno, so i asked why is that because a fresno would've been the hottest thing in that entire chain. She couldn't answer the question.

I had those boneless wings with the hab sauce and they were crap.

local indian place today for supper and WOW!!!!
not crazy hot but every pepper came through with good heat and flavor.

local bar for a drink and there wings were on sale and the guy said no one can eat 10 supers and not have a drink.

well..... I made a bet that I could eat 20 and sit for a full 10 minutes for a pitcher of beer and he had to get the boss and the boss said ok.

I ate the full 20 and for a bonus I drank a shot of tabasco and franks at the 10 minuts mark !!

ya ya I know I am a local hero.....

free beer is good.

I went to a restuarant at a semi-local Hotel and asked if they could spice up the medium red thai lamb, then i said "when you think it is hot enough make it twice as hot". I and a friend ordered the same dish with the chef telling us he had used fresh "red peppers".
No heat at all really, we got him to chop up some fresh pods and serve them to us in a bowl.
Here we were eating the fresh pods to gain any heat!!

Bloody normal people and their normal tounges ruin it for the rest of us, at least the lamb was nice.

Just goes to show, most times you have to bring your own. I'm never going to another bar without a bottle of something.

I have started taking a shaker of powder with me when I eat out. at work I have a shaker of Spontaneous Combustion powder in my desk.

I can understand your disappointment with chilis, but truely aint it the same kind of dissappointment for about 3/4 of all kinds of resteraunts or other types of food places you go to.
I agree its called chilis it better serve at least a couple SPICY meals! to live up to their name.
I've ate at chilis a couple times & the food is alright/good, just nothing is spicy. I've had worse.

Rule of thumb: If you can eat at the same restaurant in more than 10 cities, the food sucks.

Generally the food tastes EXACTLY the same too. I hate that. America is becoming homogenized. Every city looks the same now, and you can get the same food anywhere you go. And it all generally sucks. Local food tends to be at least 10x better than any national chain, and the money helps support local business.

I mean i still eat at chains sometimes, but not if I can avoid it, and I always have low expectations. But yeah, chilis blows.

as a local pizza seller I agree, I have sauce that will kill a normal guy.

I think that tourists have a hard time trying a local place as alot do suck!!

Chili's, Appleby's, Fridays, Olive Garden...okay if you don't cook and you are okay with just "okay". Myself, I prefer the mom and pop joints. Sure there are as many bad as good but when you find one, they are usually something really special. Funky bbq and burger joints are the best.

Cheers ya'll, TB.

texas blues said:
Chili's, Appleby's, Fridays, Olive Garden...okay if you don't cook and you are okay with just "okay". Myself, I prefer the mom and pop joints. Sure there are as many bad as good but when you find one, they are usually something really special. Funky bbq and burger joints are the best.

Cheers ya'll, TB.
you got this all right. my local brewpub serves a nearly identical menu to Chili's. the difference? the food is actually prepared on site and not prepackaged. you just can't cookiecut a recipe and have it taste right. Chili's can eat a d***. :rolleyes:

Back