• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

MB Sauces Documentation

OK... We are beginning to get our first orders for hot sauce. This time we got an order for 100 5 oz. bottles of our three varieties. This is the evidence.

First sauce: Our green sauce. These are the ingredients:

29112008118.jpg

As you can see we used avocados, cilantro, tomatillos, jalapenos, chiltepe, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, salt, peppercorn and other herbs and spices.

29112008319.jpg

The ritual washing of the peppers. The destemming of the chiltepes was a pain in the ass (1 pound = a zillion chiltepes)

29112008119.jpg

Ah... nothing goes with avocado like french fries.

29112008320.jpg

Finished product was nice and creamy with a very nice texture and color.

Now for our Habanero Papaya Sauce. I forgot to take a picture of the ingredients but this is what I managed to capture.

29112008322.jpg

The elusive Petenero Pepper. Frozen but still packs a punch

29112008123.jpg

Papaya and beer. I have to admit it's not the best angle for the papaya, but the beer looks nice so I had to include this pic

29112008323.jpg

Combine the papaya, peppers and onion...

29112008324.jpg

Add a little pineapple, garlic, vinegar, pepper and salt...

Finally, our bbq fire sauce. Now I have to admit... the fire part of the name is mostly for show since the sauce is very mild. For this one we used ripe jals, fatalis, cobanero pepper, chipotles and chile caballos. Sounds like a lot of peppers but it was quite bland for my taste. But he who pays has the last say on how hot he wants his hot sauce.

I have to apologize on this one because by the time we started this one we were not quite ourselves and we constantly forgot to take pictures of the process. But this is what we got:

29112008326.jpg

That in the background is one of my brand new double wall, borosilicate glass beer cups (I like to pamper my beer...)

29112008327.jpg

Nice corkage on those jalapenos don't you think?

29112008329-1.jpg

This is the finished product. I am sorry I dont have the pictures of the bottles with the label on because I had to print those in a rush and had to deliver the goods. I will try to take one today of some of the bottles I managed to keep.

Any commentaries are welcome...

Back