• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

BJ's Restaurant & Brewery

This is (out of the 15 some odd brewhouses I've visited in Los Angeles) the best brew house I've been to in LA. I've become a regular there, visiting the bar about 3 times a week.

BJ’s restaurants total twenty-four in California, five in Texas, three in Oregon, one in Summerlin, Nevada, one in Lahaina, Maui, one in Boulder, Colorado and one in Chandler, Arizona.

Their Harvest Hefeweizen is definitly the best hef I've ever had with a nice hint of cloves. Yummy yum yum!(Ok, now I want a beer...damn, and it's still only 11:30am). Also another fav is the PM Porter with its caramel, molasses and chocolate flavors, this is the way Guinness should taste.

So if you are ever in any of these areas, stop in for a pint!

WEBSITE: http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/home_page/home_main.html

BJ's brew masters are the real deal. in addition to the standard beers they all do, each location has something the brewmaster has done. The AZ local had a Vienna that knocked my socks off.

darthcarl said:
BJ's brew masters are the real deal. in addition to the standard beers they all do, each location has something the brewmaster has done. The AZ local had a Vienna that knocked my socks off.
Yep. I talked with Zambo(the brewmaster at Woodland Hill's location) and they are official Brew Masters. They went to school in Germany and everything.

I had a special brew once there call a "Tripple" which was 8.9% abv, and great flavor!

Tina Brooks said:
Jonathan... ask them to formulate a pepper beer!
I actually did that last night and he said that he had contimplated it but decided it would be too hot for most people to drink...

:?:

rogue makes a pepper beer, and it sucks. as do most beers where they add some form of spicy ingredient.

go get some cave creek chili beer, it even has a pepper in it. its supposed to be vile, thank god ive never had it.

Oh, dont' go to BJ's. Dave and I have been boycotting the establishment since December of last year. First off they installed cameras that point directly at the bar partanes (hidden cameras in the TV's mind you...so you don't know your being watched).

Second of all a set of "secret shoppers" came in one day. Gonzolaz, the only bar tender who actually follows the rules (we never got a free drink from him...ever...in our two years or so of twice a week visits), misplaced a martini on their rescipt. He promptly was fire. Now, this was two days before Christmas. He has a wife and two kids. They had to return all the gifts to the stores so they would have money to live off of.

Third of all, it's run by nothing but Masons and they don't give a damn about their workers.

DON'T VISIT THIS PLACE!

A BJ's just opened in town....I dunno...I have heard its great but it is a chain...and I like unique places
BMW,
The 21st Amendment in SF and Pyramid in Berkeley are great joints...

My two favorites however,
Firestone Walker Brewery (in Paso Robles) + The Firestone Walker Pub & Restaurant in Buellton, Ca --The best pale ale ever, bar none!

Hollister Brewing Company in Goleta, Ca --Huge Selection of brews on tap....lots of TV's and Food...and there is only one of them which I really admire...

Back