• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Need a recipe (or product) for white chili powder

For chili! I really have to make some white chili for our reunion but in using yellow juice last night, I discovered that regular chili powder and the other stuff one picks up at the supermarket turns the juice dark.

What I'm looking for is the normal chili flavor but spices that will not turn the juice colors.

Suggestions????

Mike

My suggestion would be white beans, pork, horseradish, white pepper, white onions, white cumin, cream, salt... that's all I can think of right now.

maybe try marinating pork or chicken in spices or sauce, or infuse some peppers into a light colored beer or white wine.

Bad news/Good news

First, the juice was NOT white. A pale yellow, yeah, but not white. I did find some White Chili Seasoning mix and for the most part it was not white, but a pale yellow. But it had some brownish and greenish spices in it. Quite tasty though.

Had some unripe Hungarian Wax peppers that I had dehydrated and they were not white - yep, pale yellow.

But the boiled pork chops were white and I ran them through a food processor to make a Cincinnati Chili type of meat.

Added some white kidney beans and white pepper. Turned out that everyone loved it - except mom. She apparently doesn't do hot spices even close to what I do, and the HHW is hot to me. She tried one bite and had to eat a bunch of chocolate pie to get rid of the burn.

So I'm not going to worry about "white" chili but am looking forward to another batch of Pale Yellow Chili.

Happy New Year,

Mike

Back