• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

baking Who else get's into making pizzas!!

I could easily buy pizza's, but who else get's into making home made pizza's? I LOVE IT!! You can put whatever you're heart desires on a homeade pizza. I made a homemade pizza with THC'S nagasav sauce instead of pizza sauce and that was AWESOME!! Today's was more simple though. I made the doe and just let it sit on the stove for a half hour while the pizza doe was rising. This one was simple. Pizza sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, red onion, orange bell pepper, shitakke mushrooms, spinach, and naga morrich flakes, and anchovies, MMMMMMM!!!!! GOOD!! Who else prefers to just throw wierd things on a pizza?:)

I make the odd one in the bbq on flat pizza stones - they only take about 12-15 minutes to cook and taste great too. I've found that less toppings are better though I try to always get anchovies in there!!

I loves me some pizza.
Some people think I'm crazy when I try to explain this.
Get a basic frozen pizza and load it up with your favorites. Fire up the grill to 400 degrees. 20 minutes later you will have a wicked good brick oven style pie. ;)

StoneySauce said:
I loves me some pizza.
Some people think I'm crazy when I try to explain this.
Get a basic frozen pizza and load it up with your favorites. Fire up the grill to 400 degrees. 20 minutes later you will have a wicked good brick oven style pie. ;)

Thats the same way i do it Stoney, smokes up the house good and proper!! Always gotta have mushies on pizza too, superb:P

Heey,

Does anyone want to share there doe recipe?
I always buy my pizza, but would love to make them myself.

I love home made pizza. Whatever bread dough you use for baking bread use it (or the rest of it after baking bread) for pizza. I like it the Italian way with cheese, tomatoe pulp and some mediterranean spices, with some Salami or bacon or with mediterranean veggies but also weird combinations with pineapple or artichoke or Bolognese sauce or whatever pops into my mind.

Novacastrian said:
Thats the same way i do it Stoney, smokes up the house good and proper!! Always gotta have mushies on pizza too, superb:P

ditto on all points :cool:

Armadillo said:
I love home made pizza. Whatever bread dough you use for baking bread use it (or the rest of it after baking bread) for pizza. I like it the Italian way with cheese, tomatoe pulp and some mediterranean spices, with some Salami or bacon or with mediterranean veggies but also weird combinations with pineapple or artichoke or Bolognese sauce or whatever pops into my mind.

no hot peppers Armadillo??? :shocked:

Grilled pizza is tops with me,I just use the pizza stone right on the grates.Tonight I'm trying something a bit different...I'm gonna do a deep dish pie,actually 2,with a top and bottom crust.Motivated by a Southern Living recepie in this months issue.I get them here at a place called Old Chicago,my first try at replicating,wish me luck!

scoville said:
I'm gonna do a deep dish pie,actually 2,with a top and bottom crust.Motivated by a Southern Living recepie in this months issue.I get them here at a place called Old Chicago,my first try at replicating,wish me luck!

Good luck, bro.
thumbsup.gif

My purist buddies bust my chops for using a gas grill, but I love my stainless steel 3-burner Brinkman. It makes a dandy pizza.
I love the Chicago style deep-dish. I have mistakenly burned the outer crust and left the middle raw. It's an easy mistake to make if the temp is wrong.

BTW, Scoville, I road tripped to Tampa yesterday. All American Container sold me 5 oz. woozy bottles for 30 bucks/gross. I should have called you.

I've been making my own pizza for the last two years or so. I have a stone in the house oven and one for the gas grill. I find pizza on the stone so much better than in a pan but thats just my taste. I'll have to dig up my dough recipe as it is MIA from the magnet on the fridge. I usually make a thin crust that's not quite a "cracker" style crust. Toppings and sauce vary by my mood and often dictated by the little wife.

Cheers, TB.

Homemade dough and cheese here. We usually have some sort of homemade pizza or calzone once a week or so. My dad is into the cheese making and making your own dough is very easy and cheap.

texas blues said:
Toppings and sauce vary by my mood...

That's what's so great about homemade pizza. I don't believe I've ever made exactly the same pizza twice, but I do know that they always involve extra cheese.

StoneySauce said:
That's what's so great about homemade pizza. I don't believe I've ever made exactly the same pizza twice, but I do know that they always involve extra cheese.

I've made everything from the usual toppings to roasted garlic/blue cheese/spinach/prosciutto to cheeseburger. Thats right...cheeseburger! With pickles, onions and tomato. Leave off the lettuce.

Cheers, TB.

Back