• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense I ate this habanero last night...

and an hour later it felt like there was a hole burning through my stomache. The pain lasted a good 30-45 mins. and it was intense (in a bad way).

Does anyone know what my cause this or if I should go get checked out. I am well-accustomed to eating very very hot things. I hope my hot-sauce/peper eating days haven't come to an end :mouthonfire:

calgaryPepper said:
and an hour later it felt like there was a hole burning through my stomache. The pain lasted a good 30-45 mins. and it was intense (in a bad way).

Does anyone know what my cause this or if I should go get checked out. I am well-accustomed to eating very very hot things. I hope my hot-sauce/peper eating days haven't come to an end :mouthonfire:

I've been extremely intolerent to acidic foods over the last 3 days. Acid Reflux like I've never had in my life. I don't know if it's the sudden increase in temperature here (Toronto, 30 degrees fahrenheit in 1 day!). Maybe you're suffering the same sort of thing. Hopefully it's just temporary. Have you ever eaten a chocolate bar and had a sip of Coke? Foamy... maybe you're having a reaction with something else in your stomach.

I suggest giving it a few days and trying a milder pepper and see what happens. Don't give up on your habaneros. They don't call it a hab-it for nothing. :-)

DEFCON Creator said:
Did you eat it on an empty stomach?

yes. not a good idea, eh?

oh... i forgot to mension. My buddy ate one too and he puked. I'm not to worried about him, since it never made it to HIS stomache!

calgaryPepper said:
yes. not a good idea, eh?

oh... i forgot to mension. My buddy ate one too and he puked. I'm not to worried about him, since it never made it to HIS stomache!

Ummm, how much booze did y'all happen to have during this 'dare'? LOL!

Yeah, What they said.....!!

I think it mighta played a part. I had 127 shots of tequila last week and ate a cracker, spewed all over. My head hust for 3 days. I'll NEVER eat crackers again!! Damn things'll kill ya.... ;-)

Muso2112 said:
I think it mighta played a part. I had 127 shots of tequila last week and ate a cracker, spewed all over. My head hust for 3 days. I'll NEVER eat crackers again!! Damn things'll kill ya.... ;-)

buddy puking had nothing to do with drinking... unless I'm unaware of some kind of habanero/beer chemical reaction. We weren't drinking that much and we're far too old to be getting sick from drinking.

calgaryPepper said:
buddy puking had nothing to do with drinking... unless I'm unaware of some kind of habanero/beer chemical reaction. We weren't drinking that much and we're far too old to be getting sick from drinking.

I believe ya..... LOL! I was just having fun. I think it wa sa one off, and maybe you had a boit of a bug. That's what it really sounds like to me. I'm sure that you know what you're doing with peppers. It's not and average person that will attempt to eat a hab, let alone continue after the first nibble. hehe.....

I think you need to try some red savina mash. ;-) I put it on everything.

Muso2112 said:
I believe ya..... LOL! I was just having fun. I think it wa sa one off, and maybe you had a boit of a bug. That's what it really sounds like to me. I'm sure that you know what you're doing with peppers. It's not and average person that will attempt to eat a hab, let alone continue after the first nibble. hehe.....

I think you need to try some red savina mash. ;-) I put it on everything.

LOL! nibble? after I popped one in my mouth and started chomping, my buddy thought he would do the same (he skipped the nibbking phase). He continues to chew, says "this is not bad at all", and then a about 30 seconds later he started heaving like he was prepared to blow.... and then he did

calgaryPepper said:
LOL! nibble? after I popped one in my mouth and started chomping, my buddy thought he would do the same (he skipped the nibbking phase). He continues to chew, says "this is not bad at all", and then a about 30 seconds later he started heaving like he was prepared to blow.... and then he did

Next time make sure you have your vid camera ready!! a web cam, a kodak, ANYTHING. It's memories like this that we want to have forever, oh, and share with others... ;-)

Muso2112 said:
Next time make sure you have your vid camera ready!! a web cam, a kodak, ANYTHING. It's memories like this that we want to have forever, oh, and share with others... ;-)
I triple that motion!

Back