• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Lettuce & basil

Well, since I have onions, cucumbers and tomatoes growing, I decided I need some lettuce to go with them, plus a restaurant owner is willing to buy basil (which may give me a few pennies for more lights and tubs!). On Tuesday, I sowed Black Seeded Simpson lettuce and Sweet Genovese and Thai Queen Basil. I have a dozen or so seeds up today. I used one of those black plastic take-out trays with a clear plastic lid one gets from a restaurant.

Found a Sterilite tub that was not in use and cut 20 holes in the top for 2" net pots. Once my air pumps get here on Monday or Tuesday, if the plants are big enough, I'll plant five of each and then in another month, plant five more lettuce plants.

Mike

Currently, only five, three tubs and two buckets. I intend to add two more buckets in an office window after the break. I'll have five cukes and three toms and at least five heads of lettuce and 10 basil plants growing in January. Would love to try a couple of carrots and onions, as well as a green bean or two.

Mike

Back