• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Name your most precious collectible

In looking over the shelf of collectible stuff we have at home, it makes us wonder which bottle(s) would you place your highest value on, and why? :?:

We'll start...

Our two earliest collectibles, the Blair 4am Reserve and Dave's Insanity Private Reserve 1996, are ones we picked up almost by accident. The Dave's 1996 PR apparently had the smallest production amount, so we've heard, of any of the early editions of the coffin-ed reserves and the 4am was bought from Blair himself in Albuquerque back in '01.

Your faves??

The Defcon Zero batch one that I haven't opened yet, for me. Getting in on that train early and doing a review on HSB before the mania really got going was pretty sweet. Especially since I got to open one and still have another on the shelf.

I'd say it's my 1 of 1 from CaJohn.

Mandy, my significant other, worked it out with CaJohn to get me a prototype bottle that he only had one of and wasn't going to ever go into production.

I got it for an anniversary gift and it's called Romeo!

Closely following that is my Light You Up by CaJohn. Since I started collecting in Dec/Jan of this past year, it was the one bottle I wanted more than any other. He happened to have one on him when I met him at the Indiana Hotluck event. Also at that event Jim Campbell showed me his latest creation that's not out there yet for sale so he passed me one basically giving me the first one!

My bottle of 97 Daves Reserve which has been happily ingested and used to make astounding chili. I know, it's not an official collectable unless it's on a shelf or something, but over the time I've enjoyed that one bottle more than any other and with the lot of us that's a bunch of bottles.

Rarest I guess would be Defcon Zero Batch 1, #118.

Most coveted would be my Blair's N-59 Reserve #3/59. :?:

EDIT: My most coveted is Le Million #1.

hate to say but my fav item i got is not hot sauce related. i got a 4 foot tall rt-d2 beer cooler.
if he would just move around like the real r2 that would be cool. but he just stands there holding my beer cold.

I recently started a collection of funky tree frogs... but I don't expect them to ever be considered "valuable". I used to own a 24K gold Beatles' Abbey Road album but it melted in our house fire.

T

Off-topic, but since you mentioned it...

imaguitargod said:
Hot Sauce: Defcon #1(opened and in use :) )
Comic Book: Incredible Hulk #181 (worth over $1,000)
Authentic Movie Prop: either my CARTER J. BURKE CARD from Aliens( http://www.mulletman.org/images/card1.jpg ), or my Wolverine Claws( http://www.mulletman.org/images/claws1.jpg )

Sword: Sword of Odin ( http://www.mulletman.org/images/evilsword1.jpg )

Your non-hot sauce collectibles definitely outs you as a serious sci-fi/fantasy geek. Unlike most, I use the word geek as a term of endearment...because I am most definitely one as well. From my signed Peter Davison picture as the fifth Doctor Who to my collection of old (many out of print) role-playing games to my ever-growing collection of board & strategy games, I'm firmly in that same mold as well. Heck, I even still make it to GenCon or Origins every year just to get my geek schwerve on!

If I could just get that Duncan Macleod sword from the Highlander TV series...

- Joe

LinNJoe]Your non-hot sauce collectibles definitely outs you as a serious sci-fi/fantasy geek. Unlike most said:
geek [/U]as a term of endearment...because I am most definitely one as well. From my signed Peter Davison picture as the fifth Doctor Who to my collection of old (many out of print) role-playing games to my ever-growing collection of board & strategy games, I'm firmly in that same mold as well. Heck, I even still make it to GenCon or Origins every year just to get my geek schwerve on!

If I could just get that Duncan Macleod sword from the Highlander TV series...

- Joe

OMG... Joe, you're going to love me.

Christmas before last, I gave a handmade filleting knife to Greg. It was made by the one and only person who made the very sword you covet.

Would you like an introduction???

T

LinNJoe]If I could just get that Duncan Macleod sword from the [I]Highlander [/I said:
TV series...
Own it(replica, 43 in. overall, 28 in. sharpened 440 stainless steel blade):
highlandersword1.jpg

If anyone is interested, you can check out all my props at http://www.mulletman.org/props.html

Come one, coma all...see the amazing Recalled Spider-Man poster, or the Preditor Bio-Mask...or lay your eyes on the fantastic towel from the first X-Men film which can acutally be seen briefly in the film...

Yep, I was born a geek(not a nerd, but a geek) and will always remain a geek...

Oh ya, forgot to add another nice collectable that I own, an original 1931 Hawaiian Pog!!!!!

Back