• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

ULTIMATE BURGER!!!

was watching food network last night and they had "the ultimate burger challenge" so i thought i would ask yall......what would your recipe be for the ultimate burger in your eyes.

ill post my idea later.

wow...first time in a long time i made a thread and it bombed....oh well i started this mess so ill tell yall the burger that i e-mailed into the food network to get ont he show.
its called the BUBBA'S CAROLINA CARNIVAL BURGER
we have a masonic picnic every year here in Mocksville and they make a burger that is out of this world...so i have taken there recipe and jazzed it up a hair.
there recipe...good size burger on a seeded bun...steamed
burger mustard slaw chili and onions.
what i do is make the burger about 2 inches bigger than the bun so im sure that there is no "just bread" bites.
ground chuck seasoned with just salt(i want to taste the meat not a bunch of spices) now the bottom bun i toast on the grill and the top bun i steam...i know that sounds weird but i want the top bun good and soft and the bottom bun not to do the drooping thing on me.
bottom bun toasted.....burger....bubba's texas style chili pureed with a mixer wand...mom's homade white slaw....she likes to make her slaw a tad on the sweet side so thats fine with me. beer battered onion rings...3 pepper mustard and top bun.
so from top to bottom and bottom to top your getting a variety of flavor explosions...the 3 pepper mustard your getting a little heat and then a twang of beer battered onion ring cool down with some slaw then bang....right in the kisser with some texas style chili....then hopefuly if i made it right a big ole chunk of chuck(chuck was a good friend but he makes a better burger)
hopefuly a little bit of the jucie from the burger runs down your chin then wen you chew it all together in your mouth its like a fiesta......olaaaayyy

That sounds damn good, and creative.

bubbaschili said:
so i thought i would ask yall......what would your recipe be for the ultimate burger in your eyes.

Bubba, I think that the burger in your eyes part may have confused a few of the folks. :shocked: I'll give a recipe later when I have a few extra minutes..

bubbaschili said:
well capt now we know why you got a fn eye patch on.........you had a burger in your eye!!!!

:shocked: Shhhh! That's a secret. The spatula actually did the damage to my eye. Not the burger.

Cap'n
piratesmiley.gif

Heaven on earth with an onion slice.
Not too particular, not too precise.

I like mine with lettuce and tomato,
Heinz Fifty-seven and French fried potatoes.
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer.
Well, good God Almighty, which way do I steer
For my cheeseburger in paradise.

thanks jimmy, thats not to far off.

We had burgers for dinner.

Melted cheddar on the top, bun not toasted, painted with mustard, ketchup, Peppermaster Cajun Morel Chardonnay Reduction, 2 slices of tomato.

Simple, yes... but good.

Bubba, yours sounds amazing!

Back