• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Stuffed Poblanos

I make this a lot. It's easy, and good!

I don't roast the poblanos first, I just cut the end almost off, stuff them, and use a toothpick to close them back up.

Stuffing: Spanish rice mixed with chopped fresh jalapenos, raisins (golden or regular), toasted pinenuts, enchilada sauce (kick it up if you want), and ricotta salata cheese.

Stuff. Roast on grill. Pour enchilada sauce over. Eat.

I hake a lot of stuffed poblanos but I always roast and peel first. With a large batch, I roast then freeze for later. It makes for easy peeling when needed. Everyone has their favorite stuffing but lately I like goats cheese and bacon. I usually do all on the bbq, avoiding battering or breading although this is great too. Some good Rellenos recipes on the food network webpage. Also check out the chile grill www.irondesert.com for great bbq poppers(looks good, don't have one yet)

POTAWIE said:
I hake a lot of stuffed poblanos but I always roast and peel first.
I've done it that way too. For me, it works better my way. Stuffing the raw pepper, recapping it with toothpicks, and grilling it. Holds up much better on the grill, and you can cook it longer.

thehotpepper.com said:
I make this a lot. It's easy, and good!

I don't roast the poblanos first, I just cut the end almost off, stuff them, and use a toothpick to close them back up.

Stuffing: Spanish rice mixed with chopped fresh jalapenos, raisins (golden or regular), toasted pinenuts, enchilada sauce (kick it up if you want), and ricotta salata cheese.

Stuff. Roast on grill. Pour enchilada sauce over. Eat.

Have you ever tried that with an El Jefe?

750111.jpg
thehotpepper.com said:
What's that?
Its the Largest, fattest, longest Jalapeno there is native to Mexico from what I understand (and that ain't much) they are bigger than a medium sized bell pepper (paprika) but with the heat of a Jalapeno and are ideal for stuffing.

Looks like a jalapeno, regular size.

Pepper Belly said:
750111.jpg

Its the Largest, fattest, longest Jalapeno there is native to Mexico from what I understand (and that ain't much) they are bigger than a medium sized bell pepper (paprika) but with the heat of a Jalapeno and are ideal for stuffing.

Stuffed jalapenos (also called ABT's) Atomic Buffalo Turds..
Cut them in half (lengthwise) and stuff with a smoky link, cream cheese and/or whatever your imagination can come up with. wrap with bacon, a toothpick, and put them on the grill with a little of your favorite wood for smoking for 30-40 minutes.

Found this pic.

Attachments

• eljefe.jpg
    eljefe.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 149
Back