• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

dried Serious Amount of Heat - Dried!

It took 72 hrs, but I did it. We're talking pounds of Bhut, Bih, and Naga pods dehydrated @ 115 degrees F to retain pod color. This will be enough to last....rest of my life. lol. :)

I plan on making some Naga curries. :)

Chris

P1070762.jpg

That pic makes me look forward to this year's harvest. Three 7 Pot seeds have sprouted. I'm waiting for the chocolate habs and the bhuts. Hopefully I will have such a nice bag too then.

Were the pods frozen then dehydrated because they look like they came out very nice. I have five jars of dehydrated peppers left all the rest went out as Christmas gifts. I have really been enjoying the fresh frozen peppers I have in my freezer. Nothing like the fresh taste of a ripe hot pepper in the winter time.

Nice looking pepper Chris. Low and slow is the way to go:)
I think I finally found a market for some of my hotties and hopefully super hotties too, but time will tell.

they were frozen pods dried indoors. Wait, now I know why all the snow melted in front of the garage. There's a bit left though. I'll take care of that as I just tossed 5+ lbs of 7 pods into the dehydrator today. No messing around here.

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
they were frozen pods dried indoors. Wait, now I know why all the snow melted in front of the garage. There's a bit left though. I'll take care of that as I just tossed 5+ lbs of 7 pods into the dehydrator today. No messing around here.

Chris

What's the purpose of freezing them before dehydrating?

UnNatural said:
What's the purpose of freezing them before dehydrating?

I would guess he probably had his dehydrator full when he harvested these. So he probably threw them in the freezer to be dehydrated later.

Back