• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Need recommendation

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Looking for a hot sauce that is also super sweet with a thick consistency.

Thick like a little lighter than a dipping sauce... I guess, a little lighter than ketchup, but thicker than tabasco.

thehotpepper.com said:
Thick like a little lighter than a dipping sauce... I guess, a little lighter than ketchup, but thicker than tabasco.

Kinda like a syrup consistency... coating sauce rather than a chunk???

We have a new Ginger Lime Marmalade hot sauce... does it maybe sound something like that.

Tina Brooks

I like the sound of that :twisted:

thehotpepper.com said:
I like the sound of that :twisted:

Wait'll you taste it! I had it on cream cheese bagel, it is incredible. It's probably only about 80,000 scovilles, we haven't counted it yet, but it's good.

The webmaster should be putting up the new sauce pages, (as I type), but once it's done, you'll be able to check it out... He said "2 hours", and hour and a half a go, but you know how technical things go... so watch for it.

T.

Kato's Island Sauce

I think our Island Sauce fits the description thick, sweet and with heat
The Island Sauce is made with Mangoes, Habanero's and jamican curry that has won several national awards the 2001 scovies the 2000 fiery food challenge for habanero hot sauce plus is a legend in it's local area where it was developed for seafood

That sounds like an awaesome sauce! Thanks

Wow thanks! I'll look forward to it. Sounds like what I'm looking for.

thehotpepper.com said:
Looking for a hot sauce that is also super sweet with a thick consistency.

Blair's has an import called "Sweet Death" in their Death Sauce line. It is sweet. It is thick. It is not hot. My wife loves it though. I'm trying to think of others. The Toad Sweat line of sauces comes to mind.

There is a product I brought a case of back with me from Aruba. I'm pretty sure you can contact them and they will ship to you. This is one of the best flavored sauces I have ever had (with flavors other than straight habanero/scotch bonnet flavor). It is called Pico de Papaya by the natives. It has a great blend of sweetness and heat.

I grabbed the jar...this sauce is made by Kelanth-Rose, in Aruba. Their phone # is (297)5877115. Their fax is (297)5875177. I had to inquire and hunt down this sauce. It's not in the hot sauce section in the local stores...it has its own shelf, because the locals buy that much of it.

Their e-mail is kelanth-rose@mail.com

I'm not a sweet sauce kind of guy....but this stuff is great. Good luck in your hunt, and I hope this reply is not too late.

Josh

thicker sauces

there is a datil pepper sauce from the made-in-st. augustine crew that is pretty thick (compared to tabasco, not really as thick as a BBQ sauce) called Datil Dew.

(in spite of my name, i am not affiliated with any sauce makers - i am, however, from st augustine originally and the datil, along with the chipotle, is one of my favorite peppers - i grow datils for my own use.)

it's actually really easy to make your own thicker type sauce with either store bought ketchup or BBQ sauce as your base -- make by heating base and adding a "mash" that you create by pureeing the peppers of your choice together with some vinegar. add spices, garlic, onion or whatever else and viola! you've got your own homemade hot sauce ;)

make it in smaller batches and keep in fridge. (i use recycled jars that i run thru the dishwasher to disinefect. we go thru tons of that salad dressing that comes in a mason jar and i save those to use as drinking glasses and pepper sauce jars)

course, i like to buy bottled sauces too and have a whole bunch of them in my fridge - think i'll meander over to that thread and list what i have.

Back