• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Worst Hot sauce you've ever tasted?

I have been eagerly waiting for a few sauces I ordered and finally 2 weeks later they arrive. One of these was without doubt the worst thing I have ever tasted. "Bull Snort texas tail torcher" in my opinion is rank, I cannot get rid of the disgusting taste or smell(I had to taste it). Can I have some opinions on this and other products which might be as bad.

Hey Shotta from Melb...I cant say ive had that one but some sauces i have had have had way too much salt in them...a bit of a turn off!

Thanks for reply mate. The sauce wasn't so much salty as sickening, the heat was awesome but oh the stench of it!

Hmmm, after 1,000+ sauces had....I really can't tell you the names of all of the horrific tasting oes I've had. Swamp Scum was pritty bad same with All American sauces, and Frank's Red Hot was offensive.

Fig's One Drop Hot Sauce.

Worst possible combination.....no heat, and watered-down, vinegary taste. Just a hint of cayenne flavor.

A must-miss

I think most extract based novelty sauces smell and taste like crap.
Passow didn't we try one with a rainbow label was it one of the Bomb products.

Can't say I have had one I considered all that bad. Some that were not my taste, but none truly awful. Hotsauce is much like sex, not a matter if your getting it good or bad but rather if you are getting it at all. But then there is another bizarre twist...imagine a world with no sex, then imagine a world with no hotsauce!:mouthonfire:

Cheers, TB.

naganero said:
I think most extract based novelty sauces smell and taste like crap.
==========================
That's been my experience as well. A friend brought it back to me from a trip he took, so I felt obliged to try it. Yuck.

I know some will probably disagree, but for me it is Wicked Wanza's. I love CaJohn and nearly every other one of his sauces, but I hate that one.

Well....

All of the Nando's peri-peri range is very disapointing.....and the worst Hot sauce I have ever tasted was the Nando's lemon and herb peri-peri hot sauce. It was so fowl and I couldn't get rid of the taste.....:sick:

I've been told that it isn't too bad when mixed with a marinade but I am to afraid to try....:lol:

Oh yeah, Welcome from Newcastle NSW mate....

mad-dog-357-bullet.jpg

Mad Dog 357 was by far the absolute worst i've tasted. it was just totally unpalatable and had an awful awful taste.

I might be the only person here who thinks Frank's Red Hot isn't bad. I admit, it's bland and boring and not worth buying for regular use. However, when you need to make wings for people who do not like heat, it's the easy sauce to use.

The absolute worst i've ever had was Tropical Pepper Co. Xxxtra Hot Habanero Pepper Sauce. It wasn't a sauce per se, but more like a bottle of hab flavored salt. Nasty.

naganero said:
Hehehe, I fed you a ton of sauces when you visited. :hell: The one you are reffering to is Endorphin Rush, and yes, it's crappy!

imaguitargod said:
Hehehe, I fed you a ton of sauces when you visited. :hell: The one you are reffering to is Endorphin Rush, and yes, it's crappy!

I was going to put this one in the heap as well -- aweful aweful aweful there is no redeeming quality about it. Been in my fridge wayyyyyyyyy to long

Sadly enough, the worst sauce I've ever had was one I made.
Some weird mix of mayo, tomatoes, birdseye, wine and other stuff I don't really remember because I was sooooooooo drunk...

Back