• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

WAL-MART.....seriously.

WE shop at Krogers. That may not mean much to you. I shop there because thaty have a pseudo: deli, cheese shop, and butcher.

The deli is like a freaking mom and pop deli in mother-freaking italy. "would youi like to sample the horse radish havarti?" is the most offensive statement I have been handed in that place. ROCK ON.

Wally-freaking-world, as I probably don't need to mention, caters to the "I like it middle of the freaking road" set.

But, that is why I was impressed by...(haNG ON!!!!!i NEED ONE RIGHT NOW!!!!!) the hab stuffed olives. 2 of those gives me my FIX!!!! no shit.

They also have canned red jalapenos........anyone who knowes me knowes that ripe red jalpeno powder, smoked or un-smoked runs my freaking existence!!!!!!!!!!

Great as that may seem, the jalapenos, (ripe and red as they are) make up less than half of the weight of the can.

There are onions and carrots to spare, but the point of this freaking thread....is PROPS to generic freaking Wal-Mart for having hab stuffed olives, and red canned japs.

Peace/out........((:)

Cool. Wally world can surprise you on occasion. I've found canned diced tomatoes with orange habs, jars of roasted red pepper, fresh orange habs and if you ask you can get a taste of just about anything in the deli.

I saw japs at the local Kroger last week. And a fresh produce store sells green ones but I didn't see any red ones there.

Can't wait until this summer - there are several Hispanic as well as Thai and Indian stores I see each week. They ought to be a great market for ripe pods.

Mike

just to bad walmart wont start selling decent chiles like habs or anything else besides unripe serranos/jalapenos or fresnos (not including heatless)

JayT said:
I got some nice orange habs and caribbean reds there a week ago.

really ! walmart ? around here they only sell unripe serranos, unripe jalapenos, unripe anaheim, unripe ancho/poblano, ripe fresnos( only once in awhile), bells, & a yellow sweet ? maybe a cubanelle ?
thats all I've seen at all the walmarts throughout this area.

if I want anything hotter I have to go to cub foods (only orange habs) or somewhere else which I have no clue since its a hit or miss.

Yep mine almost always has orange habs. The caribbean reds were a find. Once in a while I find something good, but they always have them listed as habs (probably don't know the difference).

Next time I'm there I'm really going to have to look for them, since the only store that has them around here is like 1 hour round trip.

Here in Jersey we don't have one of these kinds of Walmart. The newest one only has a freezer section, but no deli or produce at all. This is very foreign to me.

fineexampl said:
Here in Jersey we don't have one of these kinds of Walmart. The newest one only has a freezer section, but no deli or produce at all. This is very foreign to me.

You gotta head south to find the newer Wally world supercenters, bro. Neptune has one and so does Brick and Toms River.....if you're REALLY lookin for them;)

As for the hab stuffed olives, those are what i make my dirty martinis with.

I am surprised your Walmart has groceries much less anything good. I don't really think of it as "middle of the road" as much as I think of it as made in China and cheap. Before you think I am a snob or something, I have to say that "Archer Farms" branded stuff at Target is pretty impressive, and a surprising find for the same reasons.

imaguitargod said:
Wallmart is evil. Shop locally....that is all.

well you could also say "hire locals in construction" too, so IMO if those people don't care why should I care about their jobs or buisnesses! its 2 way street.
& walmart supercenter is local, its in the closest town ;)

Wild Man Matt said:
I second that.

Yabut, things aren't that simple, are they? There are no real local stores, all of them are part of some chain or another. I can see suggesting people shop at stores that treat their employees fairly and pay them a living wage, but "shop locally" is one of those things that has very little in the way of practical application.

I *do* shop at local farmer's markets, and I used to go to a locally owned bookstore before it went out of business. I also shop at Walmart for some things, because I can't get them any where else, or because their prices are significantly lower. I also shop on-line, which is certainly not local; but sometimes means my money goes to a small, unique business like Peppermania.

I find that stuff at Job lots discount stores... they have the scraps other stores cant sell -- I just bought two jars of large green olives in vermouth there a couple of weeks ago for 1$ a jar Great for Dirty Martinis and just plain eating -- Ive had those with Habs and they are quite addiciting

I buy my bufalo chipotle sauce at Walmart but I've never seen canned red jalapenos, and I was surprised they didn't even have any chipotles in adobo

The one by my house has a ton of stuff. We happen to have a very large community of Mexicans living nearby so the walmart by my house has literally two whole aisles of Mexican food and sauces.

I understand that in some less developed area's there may litterally be no place to shop besides walmart, but up here these places go up and eliminate a hundred good jobs, replaced by 100 bad ones.

Back