• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Peter pepper

Has anyone grown the peter pepper? Pepper looks like a man's unit. I haven't grown it, only seen pics but hear it makes humorous pickles (with small white onions) I don't know if I'd even want to eat one, but a great novelty. Someone let me know about the taste. Too salty? LOL

I grew it a couple years ago, really didn't see the resemblence in the ones I grew. Thin walled, not really anything special. I am growing both a yellow and red one this year though just because the seeds were there. The red ones had a little better flavor, but still not impressive. However the pearl onion idea....

This is becoming a thread not suitable for a family forum fellows...

I know it's an easy topic to tangent on, but please, a little decorum, is advised.

T

I'm growing one Red plant this year just for kicks. If it produces, any ideas on what I can do with the peppers? Salads? Salsa? Sauce? Gag gift?
As for taste, what type of pepper can I expect these to taste like?

THX, Cap'n

so if i find something on ebay that i think would be a intrest to the board than i can't post the picture or the link to ebay??

bubbaschili said:
so if i find something on ebay that i think would be a intrest to the board than i can't post the picture or the link to ebay??
I think hotlinked images from outside websites(unless your own site or a site that is specifically set up for hotlinking) are not allowed by the terms and conditions...

SOP for bulletin boards (not just ours) doesn't allow anyone to link to someone else's site without their permission. Which is why I linked to the URL instead.

To understand, every time we look at the picture, we would be using Ebay's bandwidth to display the picture here. That costs Ebay money and could leave this forum open to a lawsuit.

So to get around that, you can hotlink to their URL directly, as I did, ie, sending our posters to the Ebay site, using their bandwidth to display their picture, or you can download the picture you want to use, using the picture stored on your own site displaying the picture using your own bandwidth.

Either way, we can't have our site using someone else's bandwidth without their permission.

If anyone has any questions, feel to PM or email a moderator. We're here to help.

T

Yup, not very tasty and not very hot. I've got 4-5 qt. jars of them from last year, might try to mix them with something else before I dump them out. I hate to waste anything, but peter peppers are yucky! Maybe I'll puree them to use as a critter deterrent! brookthecook

Back