• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite What is your favorite pepper for FLAVOR that also has heat?

I have all the SUPER HOTS that I need to make some CRAZY hot sauce in the fall, but I also want to hear from you all about your favorite pepper for flavor that also packs some heat.

Thanks
Kim

Bhuts..dry them out and they are good on anything.. especially pasta !

i would also say Serrano, for an everyday fresh eating pepper with everything...

where is your farm ?

i would love to have a piece of land for tons of different plants..soooo jealoussssss..

Fatali and Scorpions.

Both have unique flavors, and a bit warm too.

I pretty much live on habs and naga sauces though.

I haven't tried as many as others have, but I like (in no particular order)
fatalii's, jamaican hot chocolate, caribbean red's, peach hab, bhut jolokia (only bought them in dried pod form)
of course you're asking for "FLAVOR" I like these types better but also like other chiles like thai's or ......

if your asking to get a idea as to what to plant, shit you live on some acreage I say plant all of'em or at least several of each type. you then will know what you like, plus you'll get more seeds for other years or trading.

OK, it's not actually a pepper..but I LOOOOVE Chipotle.

I have both the dry tipico variety that I make powder out of, and the chipotles in adobo which are good for anything that doesn't move. :D

Now if I can get to smoke some habs.....o0.

Check that..I like smoked anything..almost. Smoked squid was weird.

Naga Morich for insane heat and flavor. Very aromatic.

Aji Brazilian Starfish, very sweet and fruity with slow creeping medium heat.

Limon, very lemony and very hot. Makes great pepper flakes.

Any New Mexico type. Great whole for rellenos or chopped for stew. Ripe ones get a richer flavor but while green they have such a wonderful fresh chile flavor.

Omri said:
mmm... I still prefer Jalapeños, and some of mine got really hot in the past harvest.

I had one or two rouge jalapeños that lit my ass up this year, but most of mine were average. The hot ones caught me off guard :onfire:

Txclosetgrower said:
I had one or two rouge jalapeños that lit my ass up this year, but most of mine were average. The hot ones caught me off guard :onfire:
For me they were these two plants that some weird reason produced insanely hot pods! Serranos are nothing compared to them... I found out when I popped one of them pods into my mouth right off the plant. I was all like "WTF?!". :lol:

Omri said:
For me they were these two plants that some weird reason produced insanely hot pods! Serranos are nothing compared to them... I found out when I popped one of them pods into my mouth right off the plant. I was all like "WTF?!". :lol:

Haha the one that got me was off my little stunted jalapeno, it was about the size of a large marble. It actually gave me that stomach burn and had me dancing at work. :onfire:

Jalapenos are funny that way, I had a red ripe one last year that I was adding to some homemade hab sauce, and I decided to pop it into my mouth...... I seriously thought I had accidentally tossed a hab in my mouth!!!

Thanks for the input!!
K

Fire Angel said:
I have all the SUPER HOTS that I need to make some CRAZY hot sauce in the fall, but I also want to hear from you all about your favorite pepper for flavor that also packs some heat.

Thanks
Kim

============================
Current favorites are Caribbean Reds, Chocolate Habs, and Fatalis. Of course....that will likely change with this year's crop.

Back