Hi all Chileheads!

Pepper-Guru

Extreme Member
Just wanted to introduce myself formally, despite already posting in the grow forums recently.

The name is Rich and I'm from Atlanta, Ga. Been eating and growing peppers ever since I was a boy. Throughout my horticulture experience I have grown many, many different types of peppers as well as other vegetables and herbs. I'm a bit of a Chinense freak. A pepper by the name of Hoyt's Pumpkin Habanero was my first initiation into the chile scene and I haven't been able to see my life without peppers ever since! I remember the first bite like it was yesterday; the smokey citrus burst of fire in my mouth literally changed my taste buds forever and now I just can't settle for anything less than scorchin' hot Chinense chiles. I'm also a long time member and moderator on another horticulturist forum not about peppers so I'm familiar with the board structure/environment. I can only hope to make a great home here at The Hot Pepper as well as share/learn great information and techniques with all of you:)

As some of you may already know, I have started a thread in the growing/gardening area as a sort of debut to the forum. Come by and check it out because I've just constructed a small hobby greenhouse and I'm planning on getting a great head start this year for the 20+ strains I've got germinating right now. Its bound to be a great year and a great beginning with meeting all of you and making a few friends along the way:P Its called "Guru's Greenhouse 2009". Hope to see you there!

Well, a bit weird to "welcome" you here cos' you've been here before me. So: Hello from Lake Constance, Germany!

I have been in Atlanta a few times and I like that city! My six years old son loves the Georgia Aquarium. Have you ever been shoe shopping in Underground City with the ladies after closing time?

Armadillo said:
Have you ever been shoe shopping in Underground City with the ladies after closing time?

Closest I've gotten to that is walking around trying look interested while the wife shops for crap:cool:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Welcome Rich :)

Mr Arboc, i am glad to see you have changed your avator, the last one was annoying and your current one is no exception. Keep up the good work!

Pepper-Guru said:
Closest I've gotten to that is walking around trying look interested while the wife shops for crap:cool:

We slipped in two minutes before closing time and came out again 45 minutes later...:oops: My wife and daughter in law are shoe crazy. Double-X-syndrome.

Back