• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Alpine Strawberries

Has anyone grown these? Some are also called wild strawberries. If so, did you condition the seeds (put them in a freezer for a month or more) or just sow them?

Some sites say they need to be conditioned, others said they planted them and they came up.

Mike

Wild strawberries yes. But not from seed - I "found" some runners (?) outside my doctors office. The seeds you get from companies that sell them don't need freezing.

McArboc,

Thanks for the info - I didn't want to wait a month to sow the seeds. I'm having a hard time with the 12 different types of seeds (2-3 packages of each) sitting on my desk.

Must wait until February 1... Must wait until February 1... Must wait until February 1...

Mike

Mike, I bought alpine strawberry seeds a couple years ago, and all of them said you had to cold treat the seeds before they would sprout so I just said to hell with the whole thing and bought crowns in the springtime.

I wish i had known that before i bought them, I wouldn't have ordered them. Seems like too much of a pain in the ass to me.

Back