• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Aussies first sauce and it's real good

After a morning at the beach in 38c of heat I've come home and cooked up my first chilli sauce.

Have too say Neil THSC, Stillmanz and quadshotz sauces have all been used in this one.

Ingredients used:

1 mango
1 full lime
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
150ml apple sauce
1-2 tbsp honey wholegrain mustard
1/2 a plain onion
1/2 a tube of wasabi paste 15ml?
1 tsp of cinnamon powder
Black pepper
1/2 tbsp seasalt
5 whole large jalapeno peppers
1 orange hab
3 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp od minced ginger

Sauce
21dec008.jpg

Lunch
21dec009.jpg

Taste so good I'm a bit shocked lol

Not much heat but what there is lasts for a long time.

This is just a small test run as I've never made a sauce before and I don't have enough ripe peppers yet from my plants.

Tim

Hey congrats!

Needs more than one hab though... ;P

That recipe..i'd say bout 4-5 habs and a naga would be nice.

Good Go though....sauze is nice..long as ya like it, that wut matters.

Sounds yummy. :)

Oh, nice pic too..Mmmmm.

Hey Quadshotz thanks for posting your wasabi hab sauce.

Would love some naga's in there but my plants haven't gone well with this being my first growing season. My hab plant has just started producing and the next attemp will have lots of emm in there.

Want to go to he fridge and have another spoon full so it must be good.

Just gave it a taste and it has settled down and its sharp tang has subsided(which is a good thing) but the heats still the same.

Must say I have been a bit worried about eating it as I didn't have a ph meter and I have it in a crappy bottle.

I will be making up some more sauce on the weekend hopefully with some naga's which will give it a real bite.

I have a bottle of stillmanz jerk sauce at work and everyones using it up. So I'm going to take in my batch next week. Pay back is on it's way lol along with some nice lunches :)

I haven't been able to find small bottles suitable for my sauce locally. I was thinking I might buy some cheap 200ml bottles of vineagar and then use the bottles for my sauce. There under $2 each and are a good size. Okay idea?

When I bottled my first sauce I put the bottle in a steamer for nearly an hour then poured in the sauce while it was still red hot. Should I put the lid on straight away and tip upside down? or?

Timmmy

hey Timmmy, come down grab a few Naga's or habs or couple Fatalis on Sat then go create :D YAY already got an ice cream container full of frozen naga's and could spare some or fresh as have a couple ripening :)

Hey Neil thanks heeeeps will be down on Sat before lunch I'll give you a ring in the morning. Hopefully the sauce goes well and you can give a bottle the spoon of doom test :)

Okay so now I have super hots on the way f$%k yeah

So how should I change my sauce to suite the naga's and fatali's?

3 mango
5 full lime
1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (I love balsamic maybe a bit?)
300ml apple sauce
1-2 tblsp honey wholegrain mustard
1 Red onion
2 tsp of cinnamon powder
Black pepper
1 tblsp seasalt (could add some soy instead?)
Naga's ? 8-12?
Fatali's more or less than naga's?
12 hab's (not ripe!!! bad idea?)
6-8 cloves of garlic
1 tblsp od minced ginger
1 Carrot
2 large organic tomatoes

When it comes to cooking dinner I always end up using 1 thousand ingredients which normally works well for me but costs me a small fortune. Should I cut out anything or add something else? leeks, green grapes, lemon grass or pineapple????? I'm looking for a sweet fruity taste but with some real body to the flavour.

Will have a look around the shop's for a ph gauge tonight.

The unripe habs are most certainly a bad idea....Have you tried one, a lot less heat and very average taste.....

I would think for that size recipe that 8 nag's and 8 fatalii's will give you something to run to the toilet for....:lol:

It all depends on your heat tolerance, but 8 and 8 will be one HELL of a burn....

The best thing I can suggest is to PM stillmanz and ask him the naga/fatalii question.........Oh and get a bottle of his naga fatalii sauce as it is fire in a bottle......and great taste..

Thanks moyboy,

Have tried stillmanz naga/fatali special edition sauce at Neils and yeah woooooow so hot. I'm on my third bottle of devils tongue jerk sauce and then I'm out of sauce.

Went out shopping and have most of the ingredients now except for a ph gauge. Went to a kitchen type shop and got some very blank " ph? whats a ph? lol

timmmmy

theres alot going on in that last recipe, remember mango can get drowned out but strong flavours,
Id drop the unripe habs nagas and fatallis will bring alot of flavour and heat. I'd advice not using balsamic for this particuliar recipe.
and maybe not soy stick with salt, main reason is colour,
anyway have a blast and I'm glad you like the dEvils tongue Jerk sauce.

So I've cooked up the new super hot sauce this arvo. Think I made it real hot. I had a taste test at the start and nearly tipped it down the sink it tasted so bad lol. Once I was finished it sort of came together. I had added 12 small dorsets but ummmm ended up doubling it lol after many tastes it just didn't have a kick. Now I think it should have a real bite

21dec011.jpg

Had a real rich dorset taste by the time I bottled it.

Back