• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

BK's Angry Whopper

Tried BK's Angry Whopper tonight and it really should be called the Slightly Disgruntled Whopper :lol::lol:
Wasnt bad overall but I just got that and a large Coke
and it was over 7 bucks :mad::mad:

IMO BK's whoppers taste like burnt cardboard...opinion from many years ago when the local BK had specials. I just cannot eat a whopper and have tried since then, still taste the same so I just skip BK.

I saw the commercials and laughed. Please confirm that it's not remotely hot? I never ever ever eat fast food so i will never know. :)

Well I would describe it like this...the pepper jack cheese
was neither pepper or jack the angry onions were just peices
of onion rings the sauce (while it was ok) was like a slightly
spicey A-1 sauce and the Jalapeno ..on a scale of 1 to 10
I give them a 2 on the heat scale.Overall heat on the entire burger a 2 1/2
I wont be getting them anymore and I dont think it will last
on BK's menu long and Quad is right a $1 whopper jr add your own heat

Fast food is disgusting you'd think they'd amp the heat to hide the nastiness. :lol:

I don't ever plan on eating an angry whopper myself but I do like the commercial when the farmer wrings out a jalapeno over an onion plant in the field. Then he cracks a whip...POW!

I actually eat BK here and there, but I don't think we get the "Angry Whopper" here. The Spicy Whopper is edible, and actually kind of decent. the Jalapeño Whopper I actually like. none have any noticeable heat, but they sure taste good.

I had the Angry Whopper a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't too bad. Nothing great, but it was $4 by itself - I should have just got 2 reg whoppers for $4 instead.

See if i'm going to get a takeout burger, i would go to a restaraunt that makes awesome burgers.

Now true burger joint afficionados will know about Five Guys. While they only use Franks or Tabasco as their hot sauce, one of the toppings they offer is fresh jalapenos. They don't use pickled japs that i've noticed. The burger i got from them the last time i was there had some decent heat to it. Delicious and freshly cooked beef made it that much tastier. And who doesn't like fries cooked in peanut oil, seriously?

F$%# Burger King.

fineexampl said:
See if i'm going to get a takeout burger, i would go to a restaraunt that makes awesome burgers.

Now true burger joint afficionados will know about Five Guys. While they only use Franks or Tabasco as their hot sauce, one of the toppings they offer is fresh jalapenos. They don't use pickled japs that i've noticed. The burger i got from them the last time i was there had some decent heat to it. Delicious and freshly cooked beef made it that much tastier. And who doesn't like fries cooked in peanut oil, seriously?

F$%# Burger King.

Agreed. About 100' from me is a place called Zip's. They offer non-crap burgers. 2.49 +tx fro two cheeseburgers wit real slice of ham...and best tartar evar.

I want heat, i add it. period.

Flaming' Joes is the exception..they DO have a hot sauce.

Why would anyone be surprised that BK blows? Any product from McD's or BK I don't even have to try to know its going to be a disappointment.

Cheers, TB.

Back in the middle '80s to early '90s, I loved the fast food. Mickey D, Wendy's, BK, Arby's, Hardee's and my ultimate fav - Rax. Wow, did they have a ham and cheese sub that rocked.

These days, they have downsized their meat to the point all of it tastes like eating newspaper and, at least in the case of Wendy's $1 sandwiches, a newspaper page is probably thicker. Frisch's still has some great sandwiches, especially their fish. But the best sandwiches come from the mom and pop diners and though they may charge a buck per sandwich more, they are worth double that.

Sidenote: saw a menu at some restaurant a few weeks ago: A PB&J sandwich was $7 and it didn't include bananas, pickles or bacon.

Mike

fineexampl said:

F$%# Burger King.

you know we had this discussion in another thread months ago, & I looked through their site to see if theres any close to me.
there is one.
so the next time I go to St.Cloud I WILL go to five guys just to see what they are all about. though I don't see going there anytime soon, but when I do I'll makes sure I go there even if it's out of my way.

They are about $5.50 here. No thanks. For 5 bucks I can get 2 llbs of ground beef, make 8-1/4 llb patties, slap them on my grill and add my own peppers. Plus, when my neighbors smell my grill they bring beer to trade.

StoneySauce said:
They are about $5.50 here. No thanks. For 5 bucks I can get 2 llbs of ground beef, make 8-1/4 llb patties, slap them on my grill and add my own peppers. Plus, when my neighbors smell my grill they bring beer to trade.
Well of course, but then why ever eat out?

EDIT: If you're talking about BK I agree :lol:

I don't want to be another person "boo-hooing" about the economy, but many restaurants are pricing me out the door. After a concert a couple weeks ago we stopped into a Denny's for coffee and something to nibble on. $7.49 for a plate of nachos. FKN Nachos. $4.99 for a plate of fries.
Yea, I prefer cooking at home where I know exactly what's in my food.

Back