Hello everybody!

Hello, just wanted to say what an awesome place this is!
I recently ran across this website and have been searching through the information within.
I have loved hot foods for about 20 years now, but recently have decided to
make my own Hot sauce and BBQ sauce.
I am also a homebrewer, but found out recently from my doctor that I am diabetic, so I am cutting way back on the brewing.
So I figured that I would take another love I have, Hot foods, and come up with my own sauces. Suger free of course.
Well, nice to meet everyone, and I'm sure I will chat later.
Allen

:lol: ahhhh if you dont want to cut down on the brewing you can send it to me
welcome and looking forward to hearing from you...my brother has diabetes and they are rushing him to the hospital as we speak...its some terrible stuff.

Well, I wouldn't mind sharing my brew, but I am from MO, and thats quite away to ship it!
Sorry to hear about your brother. I wish him a speedy recovery.

i was just joshing ya about the beer....it would be a dream come true have a knock on the door......hey would you like some beer??
i hate to say it but my brother his blood sugar gose from low teens to 6 or 700 up down up down up down...i don't think he takes care of himself either.
ill go after work today and see how he is doing.
are you able to control yours well?

Honestly I only found out about my diabetes a month ago, but I have gone very strict with my food, and seem to be able to control it with that.
Also I have lost 15 pounds in that time.
Talk about a lifestyle change.
I can't wait to try making my own BBQ, and Hot sauce.
I keep looking for recipes without sugar, or at least I can substitute with splenda.

Welcome to the boards!!!!!!!!
Ratdz said:
so I am cutting way back on the brewing.
:lol: :eh: Sorry to hear about the diabeties...

Ratdz said:
or at least I can substitute with splenda.
NO!! Sugar substitues like splenda, asprataime, and others are extremely hazerdous to your health. You will end up perminitly damagaing your body. I can go into much more depth on this if you wish me to(or anyone else), just pm me.

your doctor may think your crazy, but eat a half a teaspoon of cinnimon every morning. Almost everybody on my mothers side is diabetic and the cinnimon thing works. google it if you want the scientific mumbo jumbo

welcome to the forum

Well, the cinnamon info is quite interesting, I think I will try and do that. At least it can't hurt me. Thanks for the idea Darthcarl!
Well, hope everyone has a great weekend. Eat lots of hots!!!
Allen

Welcome Aboard Allen!!

piratesmiley.gif

DEFCON Creator said:
I would love to say more, but I wouldn't want to go off topic. ;)
This is the Welcome area, there is no topic here. Let's not blow this thing up into something it's not. A joke here and there is fine, but steering a topic off-topic is not fair to the person seeking information. It's common sense.

This I comprehend. However, it's been a little slow around here as of late, as it is every summer as many go away on vacation. Just trying to spice it up a little...As you know, I'm rather good at it. Hee hee hee.

I'm not trying to eliminate the fun! I like the fun! ;)

People can joke, just try not to steer the thread into a jokefest when there is a thread-starter seeking information. If you post a question, you'd like the majority of responses to be answers. And remember, this forum can serve as a database of pepper info to readers who don't post.

PS - I am not directing this at you. General statement.

Back