• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The spicy "McMuffin"

Toast an English muffin like Thomas'. Melt some butter or oil in a pan. Mix in some chopped hot peppers. Cook just a bit. Drop an egg onto it. Break yoke and cook nicely - turn over, etc. Put one slice of cheese on half of the toasted muffin. Drop cooked peppery egg on top of that. Maybe add some cayenne powder or hot sauce for some extra kick. Put other half of muffin on to complete sandwich, and flip over for a minute or two.

YUM yum yum. What a breakfast.

I guess you can add some taylor ham or something to really complete it but ti isn't needed. Kicks the crap out of anything Micky D's can make, albeit you have to do it yourself and have the time.

Bro i don't think many people outside of Jersey can get taylor ham, or it's much better name, pork roll (though Taylor makes the best).

I have not had any pork roll in a long time. mmmmmmmmmm

pass me the pork roll, egg, and cheese on a kaiser bun with some gravy fries. please.

Where in Jersey are you located?

fineexampl said:
Bro i don't think many people outside of Jersey can get taylor ham, or it's much better name, pork roll (though Taylor makes the best).

I have not had any pork roll in a long time. mmmmmmmmmm

pass me the pork roll, egg, and cheese on a kaiser bun with some gravy fries. please.

Where in Jersey are you located?

north east Bergen county, grew up in the Meadowlands area of Bergen though.....

Hee hee i've got a source. Here in Florida the supermarket chain Publix sells pork roll.....although nobody here has any clue what the hell a hard roll is.....sheesh

it definitely is a local thing. it's a NJ and surrounding areas thing, but mainly NJ. it's simply the end all/be all of all pork products. me personally, i think it challenges bacon for the king of pork products.

Jimmy Dean sausage patty. Red Savina/Hot Paper Lantern powder. Egg, cheese, English Muffin with too much butter. Oh my.:)

fineexampl said:
it definitely is a local thing. it's a NJ and surrounding areas thing, but mainly NJ. it's simply the end all/be all of all pork products. me personally, i think it challenges bacon for the king of pork products.

Damn it. Now i'm gonna have to try and find something as close to a hard roll as i can find because suddenly i'm seriously jonesing for a heartattack sandwich....

Cut up a hab for this morning's hot spicy McMuffin.

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

Now that is looking good. What time is breakfast again?:P

Do you get funny looks from the family for taking pictures of your food? I did at first but now it's just a look, a sigh and they go on with what they're doing.

patrick said:
Now that is looking good. What time is breakfast again?:P

Do you get funny looks from the family for taking pictures of your food? I did at first but now it's just a look, a sigh and they go on with what they're doing.

I was the only one up and about. When I take pics of my curries and crispy fried peppers my son usually makes a fuss over it. My wife would just sigh, roll her eyes, and then continue whatever she was doing.... :oops:

Back