• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Bhut/Fatalii hot sauce

Moyboy gave me a ripe Fatalii today, so tonight i made a bottle of sauce with a Bhut and a Fatalii. An awsome combo for flavour and heat.

took me a total of 20 min into the bottle.

First i dropped 3 tomatoes into boiling water for 30 seconds and skinned and de seeded them. Chopped them coursly and set aside.

Heated a table spoon of olive oil in a pot and dropped one chopped garlic clove in and the chopped Bhut and fatalii.

sizzled for 20 seconds to release the flavours (made my wife start sneezing in the next room....... what the f$#k's that smell?) and droped in the chopped tomatoes. Simmered for 1 minuite and added 1 teaspoon tomatoe paste, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 100mls white vinigar and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinigar, large pinch of salt and black pepper. also added about half tspoon light mustard seeds and a small sprinkle of cinimon powder.

Put the lid on and let it simmer for 5 min and poured it in the food processor. With the processor running i slowly sprinkle in about half a tspoon xanthan gum powder to thicken it. You need it moving to add this stuff. Its like cornflour on steroids. Its great because you dont have to boil the life out of it and you keep all the delicate flavours in the sauce. And it gives you that "bought sauce" consistancy

Poured into bottle and will enjoy on a steak very soon. Just tasted it from the bottle now that its cold in the fridge and its awsome! If i bought this i would be very happy with my purchase.

Look out Mick....... im coming to take your title :lol:

cheers

Bhut_Fataliisauce549x824.jpg

Bhut_Fataliisaucedob824x549.jpg

looks great.
I'm going to have to start brewing beer or something lol.
that will be the bomb on white meats I would think.

mate when i get some devils tongues going i will make you a bottle and send it up. Id love your opinion on my sauce making.

Might add in a bottle off beer as well :)

Have a rest tony, you deserve it! Between this and beer your better half would be learning lots!

That looks like a damn fine sauce tony. I'm going to have to get me some of that xanthan gum.

the sauce looks colorful & nice consistency. though I dont see how the sauce can be that hot when you only used 1 pod each of bhut/fatalii for the bottle.
maybe my tolerance is a little higher than yours ?

I got the gum from a health food shop. Its a bit pricy but a little bit goes a long long way.

Chillihunter......... i didnt want it too hot. The sauce was about flavour with heat......... not burning myself.

And trust me...... it has a good helping of heat.

cheers

That looks awesome. I just got CaJohns Lethal Ingestion in today and I can't wait to try that tonight! The mix of Bhut Jolokia, Fatalii, and Red Savina seem to go quite well with each other. Scorch is another great sauce too.

Had some with a BBQ Grilled rump steak tonight for dinner and its great. THe consistancy is dead on perfect. It holds shape on the plate but isnt thick. ITs smooth and fluid.

Nice heat and flavour.

Now to work on some more exotic flavour and ingredient combos.

cheers

I've still got a quarter of a bottle left of this and it's great...

The flavour has matured really well.....

Tony's jerk sauce it top stuff as well......and he just made a 7 pot sauce with is liquid fire.....

Hey MoyBoy i'll save a bottle of Naga 666 for you to try. I used a "little" more heat than your bro though so be warned!!

Back