• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Flowerbed Thread 2009

This what I want to do with my front flowerbed this year...

frontflowerbed02-01-09.jpg

I an going to go out on a limb here and say it will be a little colorful....

thanks, I just hope they do well....I put weed cloth down inside the bed first then put 12 bags of potting soil in there to bring it up level with the top of the rock and am letting it settle down...will put weed cloth on top of the soil too (after it is topped off before planting) that has the pattern I want for the plants drawn in "holes" to plant the flowers in...corners of course will not have weed cloth....

heres a pic

020209a002.jpg

AJ,

Looks like a good plan to me! But for your consideration - you are looking from overhead. Your neighbors will be looking from street level. Are you planning to slope your garden to give it the look you are hoping for?

Are you growing the plants?

Mike

AlabamaJack said:
This what I want to do with my front flowerbed this year...

frontflowerbed02-01-09.jpg

I an going to go out on a limb here and say it will be a little colorful....

I had to show my wife this because her favourite flowers are Daisies and she's loving the idea AJ.....

she's already asking me to get her some of those plants...lol

nice stuff dude.

wordwiz said:
AJ,

Looks like a good plan to me! But for your consideration - you are looking from overhead. Your neighbors will be looking from street level. Are you planning to slope your garden to give it the look you are hoping for?

Are you growing the plants?

Mike

thanks Mike - yup...took that into consideration....eye level in the street you can see the "front picture" of the bed (depending on how tall you are :lol: )

Josh said:
I think it is going to come out nice. Are you going to grow the flowers from seed?

Thanks Josh - Yup...growing from seed, Tricolor Daisys and Gazanias are from Burpee and the Jolly Jester Marigolds are from Seed Savers Exchange..

Pam said:
I like gazanis.

Looks like a nice project.

Thanks Pam...I like the Gazanias too...

Hotpeppa said:
I had to show my wife this because her favourite flowers are Daisies and she's loving the idea AJ.....

she's already asking me to get her some of those plants...lol

nice stuff dude.

Thanks man, don't know whether to apologize or be happy for you ;)

What are the heights they grow to? Marigolds are plentiful but very tall -- and sometimes daisys get quite tall I have some as along my fence with smaller plants in front of them. Im not familiar with these types so I may be talking out my ass

Marigolds come in various heights, and there are dwarf varieties. The Tricolor daisy is not a daisy in the Shasta daisy sense, it's a chrysanthemum, but I think they still gt to be 2 feet-ish. Gazanias are relatively short, I don't think I've ever seen one more than a foot tall. So, unless the the Tricolor daisy might be a little tall for the marigold, but it really varies a lot with marigolds.

Well slap my ass and call me Sally it didnt even register when I read it this morning that the heights were there... then... Looks good AJ I like the colors

LUCKYDOG said:
Well slap my ass and call me Sally it didnt even register when I read it this morning that the heights were there... then... Looks good AJ I like the colors

You just picked up a new nickname from me...

Sally....roflmao...but I won't be slapping your ass...will leave that up to your significant other...

LUCKYDOG said:

AlabamaJack said:
You just picked up a new nickname from me...

Sally....roflmao...but I won't be slapping your ass...will leave that up to your significant other...

Ha Ha Ha

cracker jacks:lol:

AJ, I think it will come out looking bloody sensational....

I have been looking at the jolly jeters myself but still not sure If I can have (or get) them in Australia. Haven't really looked all that hard, just saw them a few weeks ago and went, oooo aaahhhh......

Back